How to be wise

Becoming Love

33 posts in this topic

As I was doing The Work this morning, I had a remarkable experience where I realised that Love is the answer to loneliness.

I was doing The Work on my time in high school. Specifically, there was a time when I was in the English Classroom, sitting in the back table all alone, and watching everybody else talking and playing with each other. It hurt me so much that not one person turned back to look at me. 

I was working with the thought “The class should care for me.” I asked myself the fourth question of The Work, ‘Who would you be, just in that moment, without that thought ?’ I meditated on that question, until I had a profound experience.

I realised that, without the thought ‘they should care for me,’ if I didn’t believe that thought, I would just be sitting there, watching the class, and loving them. I wouldn’t have a story about what their intentions are, what they are going to do, and so on. I would just see them without my story, and I would fall in love with them. I would really enjoy just watching them have fun, and I would be open enough to go over to them and sit next to them. 

I realised that the cure to loneliness, is to love what is in front of you right now. Emptiness is love. Beneath nihilism is love. Go deeper.

This experience has stayed with me the whole day. A massive shift has occurred as to how I see everybody now.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Watch my What Is Love? video. There is a lot there. Really contemplate each point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@How to be wise Nice insight and thanks for sharing it. What you tapped into is a big block against expanding one’s capacity to love. Something I’ve had to work through myself. ♥️ 

@Leo Gura I’ve watched it many times. Thank you very much.

@Serotoninluv Thank you. Yes, I noticed that my shyness came from the fact that I held a story about what the people are thinking and trying to do. Without that story, I would just be loving them. You’re a kind man, serotonin love. ?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

but is it that becoming love is  being, being emptiness is love. theres no actual emotion. just the intimacy of the interconnected in oneness , that is the love? 

26 minutes ago, Aakash said:

but is it that becoming love is  being, being emptiness is love. theres no actual emotion. just the intimacy of the interconnected in oneness , that is the love? 

Ox tracks alert! ♥️ 

@Jack River sorry i didn't get that, 

i'm not actually sure thats why im asking, is love something you can really feel 24/7 loool! or is it the interconnectedness of life that is the love

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Jack River sorry i didn't get that, 

i'm not actually sure thats why im asking, is love something you can really feel 24/7 loool! or is it the interconnectedness of life that is the love

Well I can’t exactly convey it to anybody, especially by internet communication. But is love a feeling/emotion...no.

Is there love when I am perpetually striving towards subtle forms of pleasure/experiences? 

If I am constantly concerned with my self, is there love? 

Edited by Jack River

@Serotoninluv sorry i also didn't get that eitherxD but yes i am trying to figure out the parameters of emptiness and what is / is not emptiness specifically so far i have

infinite/ freedom / love/ happiness/ peace / bliss/ all one/ still / silent / 

Just now, Aakash said:

infinite/ freedom / love/ happiness/ peace / bliss/ all one/ still / silent / 

If I am always in a steady state of conflict can there be Love? 

If I am seeking psychologically all of the above will be conditioned reactions of fear. Therefore there will be no freedom, Love, silence etc. 

Is there love when I project images (self/the past) onto what-is/others? 

It’s wise to start with all the actions in our life that can be identified as not love. This way you are always learning from everyday experiences/relationship. And include the relationships between you/me and our pleasures/desires. To observe all that. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River yes i would say there is love in both conditions, love in the truth sense, not conventional sense. because love is your being, the undivisable thing. it can't be is or is not. its true love? 

this is in my opinion, what do you think? 

Maybe...or

Love is death:)

Become Nothing ?

Edited by Jack River

@Aakash It’s referring to the Ox tracks analogy of spiritual development (a recent Leo video).

The Ox represents higher truth, the Full Monty. As we wander around searching for the Ox, we may see it’s tracks - or we may get a glimpse of the Ox. 

What you wrote has Ox tracks around it. If you take a big wiff you could probably smell Ox dung. 

Rather than over-conceptualize and try to figure it out, perhaps contemplate what you wrote about an interconnected universal love that might be experienced differently than previous emotions you thought were love. Look around you. Open yourself up as you walk around outside. See what arises, experience and be. ♥️ 

@Serotoninluv sorry i was more blindsided by the fact, that i'm only at step 2 or 1 looooooooool! it caught me completely off guard. yeah i definately smell something, emptiness is literally emptiness loool!. alright ill go out and try that.

@Jack River ahaha maybe i do have some work to do; im psychologically trying to figure out what you said and its not working! 

@Aakash The journey is the goal. Experience now. Be now. Whatever now is. Dive into it. Oneness, emptiness, synchronicity. 

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Jack River ahaha maybe i do have some work to do; im psychologically trying to figure out what you said and its not working! 

?

you need nobody. Observe what-is in yourself. 

Edited by Jack River