Amun

Do you eat meat?

111 posts in this topic

Meat is a good source of protein, it tastes amazing and it is amazing for gaining weight if anyone wants to.

On 21/01/2019 at 2:04 AM, Jed Vassallo said:

With Enlightenment, one realizes that none of it matters. There is no meaning to anything. It's all an illusion/dream. There is no meat or plants or you to eat it. It's all god, god eating god.

Why bother waking up, eating and brushing your teeth then, lets just all start raping eachother and stealing stuff from shops. I'm finding these comments to be completely useless for most people even if it bears the existential truth. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

Why bother waking up, eating and brushing your teeth then, lets just all start raping eachother and stealing stuff from shops. I'm finding these comments to be completely useless for most people even if it bears the existential truth. 

Answer to that is simple. You do what you want to do. Live how you want to live. With meaninglessness you could say why bother but you could also say why not. That's the beauty of it. 

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

It's just nihilism when they  say "why bother, its pointless/meaningless" 

Nothing in this universe says it pointless, the trees grow, all living creatures try to survive, the earth keeps spinning. 

When you put cement over ground nature still tries to crack through the cements and grow grass through it. 

God consciousness seems to be doing a lot for something that is pointless. 

It takes a mind to make a conclusion of "meaningless". To fall to nihilism or depression,  to commit suicide. 

It takes no mind for being, existing, or to be God consciousness. 

Reality is a canvas you can't paint "meaningless" onto a canvas the moment you try to,  you just created meaning, you tried to convey "meaningless". 

18 hours ago, alankrillin said:

Great more nonsense. 

Your first flaw I'm not into any vegan propaganda. You can stop with that. 

Secondly if you actually read anything I said instead of trying to prove me wrong you would have seen that I said humans need external tools to hunt unlike any other creature on this entire-planet. 

So unless those those tribesmen you mentioned  are chasing prey with their bare hands and teeth then your argument is mute.

I never said you can't eat raw meat but again you didn't read. Everyone knows about sushi. 

I said raw meat releases much less nutrients than cooked meat, and I said raw meat can easily make us ill whilst carnivores have no problem.  Both which are true.

You also said vegans bodybuilders use steroids, as opposed to what??  that meat eating bodybuilders don't? Grow up what kind of argument or reasoning is this? 

With that kind of reasoning you'd be the joke in a judge jury TV episode. 

Supplements, seaweed etc are easily accessible for first world countries.  Also the body can create some missing nutrients.  The article you linked me is so stupid it has vitamin D3, has nothing to do with being a vegan best form of vitamin D3 is 15 minutes a day in direct sunlight. 

Humans are a unique species and hunting played an important evolutionary role. Your claim: "We don't have the bodies or abilities" to hunt and eat animals raw (without tools) - yet, we do our ability is our mind and capacity to build sharp weapons. Then we use our body to hunt. How is this not evidence that we can in fact hunt BETTER than any other creature on this entire planet.

You say: 

We can only absorb most nutrition from meat if we artifically cook meat, you do not have the body, teeth,  stomach or ability to catch a wild animal and eat it raw.

Eating raw meat can make us easily ill and kill us in the wild. Which Is something real meat eating animals don't need to worry about. "

NOT TRUE, we can absorb nutrition from RAW meat, milk, and fish and in fact we absorb more nutrition because cooking destroys nutrients. Isn't that why raw vegans are so insistent about going raw?.  It also doesn't "easily" make you ill if you eat healthy animals from local farms, I also mentioned two human societies, one of which eat raw milk, meat, and blood without health issues. I felt you were implying that we cannot eat raw meat because it'll make us sick. I don't see anyone getting sick from sushi either.

You say: 

You also said vegans bodybuilders use steroids, as opposed to what??  that meat eating bodybuilders don't? Grow up what kind of argument or reasoning is this? 

My point was that suggesting that someone can be a bodybuilder on a vegan diet isn't even proven since those bodybuilders that vegans commonly name use steroids. 

You say: 

Supplements, seaweed etc are easily accessible for first world countries.  Also the body can create some missing nutrients.  The article you linked me is so stupid it has vitamin D3, has nothing to do with being a vegan best form of vitamin D3 is 15 minutes a day in direct sunlight. 

Supplements are synthetically made which is what kept me from going vegan. Only thing seaweed will provide is iodine. I noticed you skipped over all the other nutrients. You'd probably suggest to supplement the rest right?

Here's another resource that says we Cannot get vitamin A from vegetables.

https://empoweredsustenance.com/true-vitamin-a-foods/

Also dude, Humans are NOT gorillas. We process food differently. Not to mention that gorillas do eat bugs, so in other words, they eat other LIFE. 

https://ucdintegrativemedicine.com/2016/03/youre-not-cow-gorilla-dont-eat-like-one-either/#gs.nJs3aXdC

@alankrillin good point, I've been a vegetarian/sort of vegan for 28 years and my blood tests perfect, I take supplements and I make an effort to eat a variety of super healthy foods but I also eat a lot of cake and nachos on the side

and that's not just blood tests for nutrients, my blood pressure is low, my cholesterol levels are great, my weight is great, and so on...

that's my direct experience after eating 0 meats for almost 30 years

plus I look super young, no one believes my real age

Edited by isabel

46 minutes ago, isabel said:

@alankrillin good point, I've been a vegetarian/sort of vegan for 28 years and my blood tests perfect, I take supplements and I make an effort to eat a variety of super healthy foods but I also eat a lot of cake and nachos on the side

and that's not just blood tests for nutrients, my blood pressure is low, my cholesterol levels are great, my weight is great, and so on...

that's my direct experience after eating 0 meats for almost 30 years

plus I look super young, no one believes my real age

Same here,  guys I meet think I'm 10 years younger and say I'm joking about my age and women usually guess 3-5 years younger. 

Yeah I have no idea what these guys are talking about I usually feel bloated, tired, or constipated if I eat meals of meat or wheat products. 

I'm on the higher end of my ideal weight which means I can afford to shed some weight and also I get asked if I work out because I have some naturally muscle curves for someone who doesn't work out.

I think it's from the nuts, peanut butter and potatoes I eat. 

So really in my direct experience i have no idea what these guys are talking about. 

@SgtPepper

I'm tired of arguing with your misinformation , no not all vegetables are good raw it's on a individual basis you need to research which vegetable releases best under which condition. 

As far as science is concerned meat gives better nutrition when cooked, and is safer to eat, that's why we've been eating meat cooked for centuries. 

I didnt say we are exactly like gorillas I didn't say we shouldn't wear clothes and hang about in jungles.  It is a FACT that we have a common ancestor with apes we have 94% Dna match to apes,  and apes are mainly herbivores on diet regardless If they eat insects they are labelled as herbivores. 

I say this because people like to compare us to carnivores because we have tiny canine teeth. 

You're constantly strawman arguing and intentionally missing my points do I have to spell out everything by writing an essay to cover all grounds?

And yes maybe we should eat insects, it will probably be healthier for us humans,  save the planet,   and at least the insects wont be subjected to tight cages or torture or other mistreatment. 

But better choice yet I'd say vegetables, fruit, legumes, nuts and seeds are even better. And taste better too. 

Edited by alankrillin

I eat meat.

Interesting how this kind of topic always leads to clashes...

Edited by F A B

3 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Humans are a unique species and hunting played an important evolutionary role. Your claim: "We don't have the bodies or abilities" to hunt and eat animals raw (without tools) - yet, we do our ability is our mind and capacity to build sharp weapons. Then we use our body to hunt. How is this not evidence that we can in fact hunt BETTER than any other creature on this entire planet

Another flaw I bet 95% of human wouldn't survive without tools in the jungle, 95% of people won't be able to build tools from scratch or hunt well. 

Dont make claims for skills or abilities you don't have, just because a factory can make a gun or your ancestors could use  bows and arrows doesn't mean you can or most of the population can, a very important point you decided to ignore. 

What's your direct experience. 

My point is carnivores would need little to no lessons to be an effective predator they have the instincts and intuition ingrained. 

A human on the other hand needs years of wisdom passed onto him. Good luck reinventing the wheel when no one in the tribe knows how. 

Edited by alankrillin

9 hours ago, F A B said:

I eat meat.

Interesting how this kind of topic always leads to clashes...

Yep. I said my piece though, now Ima let it be.