Preetom

What is preventing you from taking the leap?

45 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Being is definitely in California haha.

?? For me, somewhere near Santa Cruz ? ? 

I tried only one time (50mg). When my consciousness returned from Infinity (where I felt pure endless love) to the body, my mind was so happy that my actor in this Earth is not crazy and still can play this role... So, my mind (which is part of me of course) wants to experience duality. Nevertheless, I want to improve my consciousness level via meditation and other inner work...

It will be as it should be. ;)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

Lol

You find the cosmic dance of the powder god funny? Heretics!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

39 minutes ago, Preetom said:

If you are honestly content and satisfied in life, please forget all this jargon.

If not, then only enlightenment can solve that root issue. Enlightenment is very real in the sense that it is deeply linked with our very thrust for living life and getting unmixed, unlimited happiness which is really all we want whether we know/acknowledge it or not.

Enlightenment is the cessation of that primal wound we humans are afflicted with. No amount of jargon war would legitimately satisfy that need.

I highly recommend this book, a must read for anyone pursuing enlightenment. Hope it clarifies your doubts and shows you what's next :) 
http://www.happinessofbeing.com/The_Path_of_Sri_Ramana_Part_One.pdf

Thanks a lot @who chit for discovering this gem :x

Thank you for the book, I downloaded it into my kindle

Just now, Adilbek said:

Thank you for the book, I downloaded it into my kindle

You are welcome. Hope you find it helpful!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom lol @ the powder god. 

Seriously though. 5 meo is cool if you want to a glimpse to reaffirm your conviction let’s say or to open your mind, but it won’t lead to enlightenment.

It can lead you to a severely whacked out state of mind though.

Because there's no balance. 

It takes enormous preparation to handle such experiences. They are not ready, not ripe enough to hold the fruit. 

Imagine a a tree that just sprouted from the ground. A very young tree that is in his begging stage of development. Imagine if that tree starts to bear fruits. Now the fruits are too big, they weigh too much and the branches can't hold them and they brake. 

That's why they can't go on repeating the experience because it's too strong. They didn't do anything to prepare themselfs for such strong experiences.

Adiyogi when he was teaching his desciples he made them do only preperation for 84years. When they prepared themselfs. Adiyogi just unloaded the whole cosmos in them.

If you try to unload the entirity of god to a puny little unprepered person he will break or die on the spot. :D

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, Arhattobe said:

@Preetom lol @ the powder god. 

Seriously though. 5 meo is cool if you want to a glimpse to reaffirm your conviction let’s say or to open your mind, but it won’t lead to enlightenment.

Spread bad reputation about powder consciousness and your unenlightened ass will be banned in no time!

(Subtle forum guideline) :ph34r:

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Because it's not that good? Even Martin Ball said that it's not something he would do for fun like MDMA for example.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

4 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

What is your direct experience with 5-meo? I have 20+ years of meditation experience and have used 5-meo about 30 times. I would love to discuss what each practice has to offer with someone who has significant direct experience with both meditation and 5-meo.

Just now, Enlightenment said:

@Preetom Because it's not that good? Even Martin Ball said that it's not something he would do for fun like MDMA for example.

So the tendency of getting more 'experiences' seems to outweigh the desire for self-realization.. 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom The overuse of psychedelics really messed me and some of my friends up badly.

Your system is a very refined piece of reality. Dramatically altering it on a regular basis will have repercussions.

@Serotoninluv Did 5meo 7-10 times. Also have many friends and former students that did it. 

I use my, their experiences and this forum as a sample.

If you have any more specific questions. Shoot.

Edited by Arhattobe

1 minute ago, Arhattobe said:

@Serotoninluv Did 5meo 7-10 times. Also have many friends and former students that did it. 

I use my, their experiences and this forum as a sample.

If you have any more specific questions. Shoot.

Great, you have some limited direct experience with 5-meo. 

Your relative experience has value, yet be mindful of extrapolating that limited personal relative experience as an objective universal truth. Your subjective experience may resonate and be true for some, yet not others. 

Similarly, in my direct experience 5-meo is a powerful spiritual tool. Yet, I realize this is my personal relative experience. This will resonate and be true for some, yet not for others - such as yourself and your friends you mentioned. Your relative truth is as true as my relative truth - so it would be inaccurate to say one of us is right and the other wrong. As well, it would be misleading to say that 5-meo is either beneficial or harmful. It’s relative and depends on the person.

@Serotoninluv It’s a relative truth that meth can be addictive as well.

Severely altering your minds state of being on a regular basis is not good. That’s common sense.

Give it a go one or twice. Then stick to the tried and tested path would be my two cents.

Because the possible downsides that have affected dozens of people I have talked to. Can be quite severe at times

Edited by Arhattobe

18 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Serotoninluv It’s a relative truth that meth can be addictive as well.

Severely altering your minds state of being on a regular basis is not good. That’s common sense.

Give it a go one or twice. Then stick to the tried and tested path would be my two cents.

Because the possible downsides that have affected dozens of people I have talked to. Can be quite severe at times

You are speaking with limited knowledge and direct experience and extrapolating that into an objective truth which is inaccurate and at times spreads misinformation.

The neural networks of meth and 5-meo are completely different. Meth is an extremely strong agonist of the dopamine reward pathway and addiction arises because the body responds to meth-induced hyper activation by downregulating the pathway. 5-meo is not involved in this pathway, it has a completely different effect on brain chemeistry through serotonergic patways. It has much much lower addiction porential than any drug that activates the reward pathway. Furthermore, meth is classified as a neural toxin while 5-meo is classified as a psychoplastogen (which is good). 5-meo has been scientifically shown to stimulate neural plasticity and neural regeneration. 

45 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Serotoninluv It’s a relative truth that meth can be addictive as well.

You suggest meth and 5-meo are both addictive and suggest a false equivalency.

The analogy is misleading. It’s like saying arsenic and Vitamin C are both toxic to the body. One is a poison, one is a vitamin

Meth and 5-meo are completely different compounds. One is classified as a neural toxin and one is classified as a neural psychoplastogen (which is like a brain vitamin). 

Yet as you mention, there are potential adverse effects for some people under certain conditions. We need to seriously consider that as we expand the use of psychedelics in therapy and spirituality. We want to help, not harm.

@Serotoninluv no. My point was merely that reducing something to a relative truth and saying that, that’s your relative truth and this is mine is the same as being closed off to anything outside of your view point/experiences.

It is a closed minded cop out.

56 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

As well, it would be misleading to say that 5-meo is either beneficial or harmful. It’s relative and depends on the person.

It depends if a consumer has the necessary balance and maturity to handle the experience.

Even the best things in life can be a disaster if you're not ready for it