LoveandPurpose

what advice would you give a 20-year old?

39 posts in this topic

Build balance and integrity. When  time to leave parent support comes and if you don't have balance you will go crazy or depressed.

:)

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, LoveandPurpose said:

@Preetom midlife crisis = realization you're wasting your life?

Midlife crisis=

1) Not knowing who you are (this has many many layers..upto the core existential layer/enlightenment)

2) Not having clearly defined values

3) Not having the necessary authentic drives to exercise those values because the mind is too weak with conflicted desires, beliefs, conditioning etc

4) Even if someone neurotically accomplishes something, the inability to enjoy satisfaction from it and be grateful. It either becomes hollow or the next thing chases him down too quickly

5) Not taking responsibility to get out of this standstill.

6) Not facing oneself. Doing everything BUT that.

7) Maybe intuiting all this but yet being unable to do anything to get out of this rut.

8) Same old mechanical life that is squeezing every ounce of juice out of you, yet you can't stop.

9) The world, future seems bleak, unsatisfying and not worth living

The result of all this is bumming out and slipping into chronic neuroses day by day.

So the advice is to face yourself in physical, psychological, emotional, existential levels as deep as you can in your youth. So that you enjoy your mature and old ages in peace and contentment. With no fear or tendency to run away from life and it's many many facets and challenges, because you've already cracked open the shit out of life and came out clean from the other side.

Happy 20th birthday (in a few months) 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

In a nutshell, love and purpose. Consider both these terms simultaneously nouns and verbs. 

In long form, follow the Compass:

Happy early birthday!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I would advice to ponder this question every day for at least 30 minutes "What do I want?" Write this question at the top of a page and below that make an unordered list like this.

• I want A.
  • I want B.
  • I want C.
  • Etc.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

11 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

Man, there's so much to know and do. :D

And yet you're waiting for something... (Don't worry, we all are to varying degrees. Just be conscious of it.)

Sent from my iEgo

Learn some usefull/artistic Skills that you admire in others or pick up an sport.

I am 21 and already started feeling resentfull towards people my age once I was 18, that acomplished something in their area of expertise. Since I didnt't had one except for maybe gameing, I couldnt help but feel envious of them and discredit their achivemnets to make myself feel better. Not a great place to be in and I would like others to avoid this trap.

Peronally I dealt with this resentment by starting to weigthlift and further down the line I picked up Djing  and reading as hobbys.

@Alex Oh yeah true! When you start now, in 10 years you will be very good at that skill. Thank you!

Get life experience: Date, meet different people, travel, invest in a creative outlet. Lastly, don't destroy your health.

@LoveandPurpose no, not the video specifically, just in general :P

Sent from my iEgo

@LoveandPurpose Figure out your deepest fears, face them head on.

Build up your self esteem.

Meditate as much as possible.

Clean up your diet and information intake.

Read, take notes, move closer to Being.

Spend more time outside

Spend more time laughing

Wake up early, build a strong morning routine.

Surround yourself with people who inspire you to take action.