OrpheusNovum

My disagreement with Leo Gura on the direction of self-actualization

45 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, OrpheusNovum said:

I don't understand how "you don't exist" doesn't pan out to gaslighting. 

Yes sounds that way. I think 'no self' makes the most sense to me, not sure whether that is out of vanity/envy. Not a place for disagreement unless 'ye' can mutually call each other friend. Critique would be one better. Although I keep a relative scoreboard.

Self: The unrealised parts of the personality (Jung). His god being Pantheistic; Abraxas.
Ego: Mediating(Freud) and Regulating(Jung). Memory which memes.
I: Relation to God. "The ever present I am".
Soul: That which transcends flesh (maybe.... Buddhism rejects the idea of soul or gods. Jainism and Christianity supports the idea)

Instead of the red and yellow, and pink and green..... I like to weight people relatively.

Genghis Khan: Red, Blue, Orange whatever. Badass +20. Genius I.Q +10. Open to Discussion +5. Honest +10. Born to Kill +10.
The Young Turks(Green): Named after Genocidal Group -20. Popular -5.
OSHO(Turquise): Terrorist Cult Leader -15. Dishonest -15. Very Good Presentation +5.
Sadhguru(Turquoise): Ontological +5. Religion of Balance -5.
Jordan Peterson(Orange/Green): Teleological -5. Dishonest - 15. Good I.Q +5. Different Ideas +5.

Thanks for the perspective. I think I'd like to let this thread die if I can, no need to embarrass myself further. Keeping a journal starting here: 

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

@OrpheusNovum We’ve all gone through  conceptual rabbit holes. It appears as a cute little bunny, but it’s got fangs!

I think a journal can be helpful and it will be cool to see the insights arise in you. 

You can hide the thread if you like, or let it ride. 

I love Leo's style of communication. I like a good spanking. It's very effective. And I like that he doesn't give a shit when people criticize him. It's inspiring for thin-skinned folks like myself that are trying to learn to speak their truth and develop autonomy. 

@Itsokimok I remember when I started watching Leo it was always emotionally difficult because he attacks my lifestyle. I wouldn't say it's not emotionally difficult now because there are always more harsh truths to learn but I am more willing to go through with it and bite the bullet than when I was younger watching Leo.