joeyi99

Perception is tricky

18 posts in this topic

I have been contemplating deeply into the nature of perception:

What is it?

Do other people see, hear, feel, taste the same that I do in my subjective experience?

It seems like I'm the perceiver of perception that sees other people, things etc. When someone looks at me I assume they can see my body (this kind of outer shell) but they can never know How I perceive them from my experience. Leo said in What is Perception? video that you mom, brother, other people have their own unique perspective in Absolute infinity. So then I wonder do they experience the visual field like me? I guess you can only know that your own experience is real and not others. Is my awareness the only one and all the other people I see around me are just pawns moving about that seem to have conscious awareness like me. 

Am I alone in this "world" ?

Not sure if that makes sense just something that been on my mind.   

Self/other is a duality, which means it must ultimately collapse.

Those people you call "other" are really just facets of yourself in the same way that all actors in a movie are all one movie.

There exists nothing but YOU. But not the personal ego you, the Cosmic You. You as the entire universe.

Look at another human being in the eyes and realize they are you. Don't think about it. Actually try it.

This is best realized on a psychedelic. Your ordinary mode of consciousness is too weak to see it in most cases without massive concentration work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Consider the nervous system as a filter to interpreting the interactions with 'itself'.

You see because the eyes can interpret light.

You hear because the ears can interpret sound wave vibrations.

And so on.

There are probably an uncountable amount of factors that go into how these 'outside' factors interact with the body. But what if you were to change one? Does every human body operate on the same parameters?

If you point to your perceived notion of red and someones sees it like your perceived notion of blue the label -> direct experience will be backwards compared to 'you'

But are these interpretations actually what reality looks or sounds like? Well it is all relative. You are made out of the universe so the universe is producing your direct experience and interacting with itself. 

Every possible way of perceiving the universe is correct. Because every perception is still produced by itself.

This also includes no perception of the universe.

You could also call this a hallucination but really the duality between real and hallucination will collapse the more you try to distinguish them.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Self/other is a duality, which means it must ultimately collapse.

Those people you call "other" are really just facets of yourself in the same way that all actors in a movie are all one movie.

There exists nothing but YOU. But not the personal ego you, the Cosmic You. You as the entire universe.

Look at another human being in the eyes and realize they are you. Don't think about it. Actually try it.

This is best realized on a psychedelic. Your ordinary mode of consciousness is too weak to see it in most cases without massive concentration work.

How is one able to function in day to day life with that paradigm in the forefront? 

Going to the gym, focusing on 'your' goals, doing affirmations, visualizations, working on a business, leading a team, developing products etc. 

I've heard in the 65 principles video that we shouldn't confuse our existential nature with the personality. As in, there is still value in finding info about it. 

It's hard to hold both ideas at the same time. I'm kinda confused. 

Do you have an answer for this? 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dan Arnautu

The paradigm is in the background actually. It should guide and shape your personality, not replace it.

You gotta know how to find the balance between the two sides of you.

Only be practical when you need to be.

Edited by Truth Addict

It can't functioning without direct expierence of what spiritual work brings in. The answer/s is/are nonverbal. So one should work for himself  to know.

Edited by tedens

1 hour ago, Dan Arnautu said:

How is one able to function in day to day life with that paradigm in the forefront? 

The realization of nonduality is an extremely radical shift. Really, your old life is gone. You are dead at this point, so the question of "function" (survival) is moot. There is nothing left to survive. The game of life is over. You have awoken from survival.

Consider, the only reason you worry about survival issues is because you hold the belief that you are alive. What would happen if that belief was surrendered? What would happen if you surrendered all control over your life such that there was zero effort or struggle? What would happen if you became God? Would worry about anything?

Nonduality is not a paradigm. It is Absolute.

General mind's visualitazion for 'I' should be that the duality is  kinda gates for nonduality.

See: https://www.actualized.org/articles/reality-is-a-strange-loop

If it's done...  then  'I' / You can realize that the 'I' / mind will never be more clever than it can be by exploiting duality only.  Then spiritual work is required for further progress. That's why religions exist.

Edited by tedens

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nonduality is not a paradigm. It is Absolute.

Can be . 

If you are still dreaming , believing in nonduality . 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Really, your old life is gone. You are dead at this point, so the question of "function" (survival) is moot. There is nothing left to survive. The game of life is over. You have awoken from survival.

Do you personally have any 'regrets' about awakening to this? Are there any 'negatives' you've experienced when realizing the Truth? Once again, I know I'm viewing this from the ego/unenlightened perspective but that being said, do you ever wish you just lived a normal life and hadn't pursued this all?

@kev014 I have not yet fully awoken to it. So I'm still stuck in survival for the time being. Working on that ;) Seizing the Ox and Taming the Ox are not a one-step affair for most people.

The Truth can seem negative from the ego's POV because it is equivalent to death. It's a big mindfuck which sends most ego's reeling back to the dysfunctional comforts of unconscious living.

No, my only regret is that I didn't awaken sooner and that I am still not fully awake.

Awakening obliterates the notion that anything could be "negative". Negativity is not real. Neither is fear, nor death.

The only thing you want in life is awakening. You just don't know that yet.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Negativity is not real. Neither is fear, nor death.

Is there anything thats real? Like infinity? The present moment?

1 hour ago, universe said:

Is there anything thats real? Like infinity? The present moment?

Infinity and the present moment are real we might say, since they are Absolutes.

But you are not conscious of Infinity nor even the present moment right now. So as far as you're concerned, nothing you know is real. Accessing the real takes a lot of mindfulness practice. Right now you are lost in the conceptual fantasies and projections of your own mind.

Try becoming conscious of what the present moment is, minus all of your mental projections, meanings, beliefs, assumptions, interpretations, stories, judgments, emotions, etc. Try to "feel" what that is. Try to notice that NOW is an Absolute. It is not inside of time (time is a concept). NOW is prior to time. Time occurs inside of NOW. But what is NOW? Take a close long look. After all, it's always NOW!

And Infinity is precisely identical to what is happening right NOW.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@kev014 I have not yet fully awoken to it. So I'm still stuck in survival for the time being. Working on that ;) Seizing the Ox and Taming the Ox are not a one-step affair for most people.

The Truth can seem negative from the ego's POV because it is equivalent to death. It's a big mindfuck which sends most ego's reeling back to the dysfunctional comforts of unconscious living.

No, my only regret is that I didn't awaken sooner and that I am still not fully awake.

Awakening obliterates the notion that anything could be "negative". Negativity is not real. Neither is fear, nor death.

The only thing you want in life is awakening. You just don't know that yet.

Nailed it

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com