Cortex

Will Lower Stages Disappear Entirely In The Future

51 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GenuinePerspectiveXC said:

It's not like nitpicking a typo.  You are a moderator on this forum - that builds itself around this model - and you've been using the model wrong.  

As I mentioned, it is a detail irrelevant to the larger context. As well, one could spend hours debating the subtle nuances of whether the example is more appropriately categorized as purple or blue. Yet, that would be a waste of time. . . 

Much of what I've learned about SD nuances and applications have come through wonderful and genuine explorations with Leo and other members of the forum. I'd consider myself well-versed in certain aspects of SD, yet I am not an expert - I am still learning. Other members on the forum continually provide insights and my understanding becomes more and more integrative and holistic. I would be happy to discuss and explore genuine questions and ideas about the model with you. However, debating an irrelevant detail for one-upmanship is a distraction and not conducive to a vibrant learning atmosphere.

Yet with that said, I also acknowledge the importance of minimizing detail errors and misspeaking. I make hundreds of points daily and do my best to be as precise as possible. I tell my students at the start of every semester that I do not speak with 100% accuracy and humbly ask them not to have that expectation of me. My precision is more like 99.5% and that has taken 10 years of experience to achieve. I'd say I misspeak a keyword once per day and I encourage my students to let me know when it happens. In this case, I acknowledge your point, appreciate that you brought it to my attention, and that your point has value - particularly in other SD contexts. Then, it's time to move on. 

according to Wilber, all stages need to be gone through. Yellow is not just yellow, it is yellow on top of all 6 lower stages. 

In the future, children will be brought up to higher and higher stages, so that it seems like the world doesn't include lower stages

@Cortex Yes lower stages will ulitmately dissappear but that will be in a long time, way way way way after we are all dead i'm talking maybe 10,000 + years for the complete eradication of a stage in actuality and in relation to society . However, the conditions for the stage psychologically will still remain in an essence as primitive babies are always stage beige in their psychology. 

3 hours ago, Cortex said:

Stage blue must disappear 

Because of people on this forum who don't understand the model, you're still not getting it.

The law is stage blue.  Principles are stage blue.  And it's really difficult to develop stage orange if a healthy version of stage blue is not being used

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC

Law is usefull to your advantage if you are smart so this is not such a big problem, but this dogmatic and moralistic ......... must disappear 

@Cortex @Cortex

That sounds very dogmatic of you, and I'm sure you have moralistic reasons for your dogma.

I think what you're trying to say is that blue principles must evolve, and they pretty much have been and will continue to do so.

Ego not mediated by No Ego is gonna travel along already familiar rails.  Only special people really cultivate No Ego.  You can't really sell No Ego to Ego unless you want a bunch of Spiritual Egos running around!

We are animals of influence.  The wiser culture gets the wiser us animals will get.  It's pretty predictable actually.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ego not mediated by No Ego is gonna travel along already familiar rails.  Only special people really cultivate No Ego.  You can't really sell No Ego to Ego unless you want a bunch of Spiritual Egos running around!

We are animals of influence.  The wiser culture gets the wiser us animals will get.  It's pretty predictable actually.

Wrong topic.

Can't wait for blue to disappear,it would be great if it disappeared 

I don't think Blue stage will disappear, there will be institutions in life where you will experience and learn about Blue. But society may be operating from a much higher level.

I feel like schooling will almost be designed according to the stages - so instead of learning math, english, physics etc you'll learn Red (control and learn about aggression), Blue (learn about order and hierarchy), orange (learn about achievements and discovery), green (learn about empathy) etc etc

5 minutes ago, Cortex said:

Can't wait for blue to disappear,it would be great if it disappeared 

says stage blue

I think that you don't understand the spiral Toby, you should learn more about it 

5 minutes ago, Cortex said:

I think that you don't understand the spiral Toby, you should learn more about it 

what makes you think so?

You didn't recognize what stages I am at 

When I hear a stage blue person and their dogmas and moralistic garbage I must control myself to not turn into a stage Red 

I am imaging a scenerio where in the future if someone is a stage blue and throws their dumb abstractions about relativistic notions like "evil" or "good" or does other stuff which are limiting the human development will be perceived as someone who is against development and taken into a surgery in which the part of the brain which is responsible for that crap will be removed  

But talking about blue is a waste of time, that's not what this post is for 

2 hours ago, Cortex said:

I am imaging a scenerio where in the future if someone is a stage blue and throws their dumb abstractions about relativistic notions like "evil" or "good" or does other stuff which are limiting the human development will be perceived as someone who is against development and taken into a surgery in which the part of the brain which is responsible for that crap will be removed  

Sounds like you think good vs evil dichotomy is 'evil' or 'bad'...

so you'd have to remove that part of you're brain and everyone else's....

and then no one would care about whether good vs evil is bad b/c that part of the brain would be gone...

so everyone would stop removing that part of the brain...

and then there would be good vs evil thinking again!

Edited by GenuinePerspectiveXC