andyjohnsonman

Mike Tyson 5-MeO-DMT

16 posts in this topic

I'm watching Joe Rogan podcast Live now with Mike Tyson. He is talking about how when he took 5MEO DMT that was his catalyst to look at life differently and he felt reborn.

Just now, kieranperez said:

Did something happent to my individual post? 

Duplicate thread on Mike Tyson / Joe Rogan. Rather than locking one, I merged them together.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Duplicate thread on Mike Tyson / Joe Rogan. Rather than locking one, I merged them together.

Oh okay. I’m not going nuts

15 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

The shift is real.

For real though.

I'm listening to MIKE TYSON talking about his enlightenment experience... LOL WHAT?!?! What planet am I on?! This is fucking amazing. 

The moment I heard "toad" I knew where this was going and I was like "NO FUCKING WAY. THIS IS NOT GOING WHERE I THINK IT'S GOING!"

That was truly an amazing podcast episode. I'm honestly happy for him. I think Mike Tyson's background is a bit of an exception to most sports icons giving his above average abusive background and also the fact that he's a fighter not some basketball or tennis player but he really displayed really well in this podcast just how much better it is to drop the facade of being the best in the world and all the narcissism that tends to come with. I really think he shed light on that perfectly because I don't think a lot of people understand fully well how unhappy, neurotic, dysfunctional, etc. these extreme winners actually are such as Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, David Goggins, etc. Not because they're bad people per say but more on the fact that that's not something worth looking up to and I think Mike's 5-MeO experience really shed that light on how insignificant all of that is and also how toxic it is. You can really feel how much he wants to be done with that. I listened to a really liberated man. Not spiritually or anything but someone who has outgrown that level of narcissism. This guy came from a fucking ROUGH background. Glad to see he's moved on. 

@ajasatya I remember talking to you on another thread about why I don't resonate with Goggins. Listen to this podcast and that'll shed more light. This is what that guy is really missing. 

Edited by kieranperez

Wow.

It's always cool to have one more great example for psychedelics advocacy.

Myke Tyson got so much more humble over the years, he is definitely becoming aware of his ego. What a hero.

4 hours ago, kieranperez said:

For real though.

I'm listening to MIKE TYSON talking about his enlightenment experience... LOL WHAT?!?! What planet am I on?! This is fucking amazing. 

The moment I heard "toad" I knew where this was going and I was like "NO FUCKING WAY. THIS IS NOT GOING WHERE I THINK IT'S GOING!"

That was truly an amazing podcast episode. I'm honestly happy for him. I think Mike Tyson's background is a bit of an exception to most sports icons giving his above average abusive background and also the fact that he's a fighter not some basketball or tennis player but he really displayed really well in this podcast just how much better it is to drop the facade of being the best in the world and all the narcissism that tends to come with. I really think he shed light on that perfectly because I don't think a lot of people understand fully well how unhappy, neurotic, dysfunctional, etc. these extreme winners actually are such as Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, David Goggins, etc. Not because they're bad people per say but more on the fact that that's not something worth looking up to and I think Mike's 5-MeO experience really shed that light on how insignificant all of that is and also how toxic it is. You can really feel how much he wants to be done with that. I listened to a really liberated man. Not spiritually or anything but someone who has outgrown that level of narcissism. This guy came from a fucking ROUGH background. Glad to see he's moved on. 

@ajasatya I remember talking to you on another thread about why I don't resonate with Goggins. Listen to this podcast and that'll shed more light. This is what that guy is really missing. 

hahah so true man this was what I was thinking when watching it, could not believe it, mike Tyson talking about 5meo hahaha. I use to be a massive fight fan and Tyson was my favourite fighter so know all about his background, he really has had a crazy life and to see him take this change with his life is amazing to see and very unexpected. Its good for the sport of fighting too as he is highly regarded so hopefully might inspire others to be more mindful and avoid narcissism and ego. 

@kieranperez thanks for notifying me. i'll certainly listen to the podcast.

i understand what you feel and i agree. goggins has learned a tough way of dealing with himself... that's how he gets out of his mental trash.

but it is also possible to live an AMAZING and disciplined life without all that flintiness. i even think it's his next step for development: learn about gracefulness and true peace of mind.

thus, i invite you to have some compassion towards goggins. let's not demonize the guy.

unborn Truth

It's so fascinating to see how he saw it as dying and being reborn. How he sees his life as new chapters in a book and doesn't even want to exercise because of it reminds him of the old person. From shadow perspective wouldn't that mean he's not integrated his shadow (his old ego) as he looks at it with shame and disgust?

12 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

It's so fascinating to see how he saw it as dying and being reborn. How he sees his life as new chapters in a book and doesn't even want to exercise because of it reminds him of the old person. From shadow perspective wouldn't that mean he's not integrated his shadow (his old ego) as he looks at it with shame and disgust?

Yes It’s interesting to speculate. That’s a possibility. One thing to consider is what exactly was the stem of his passion for fighting and how it carried over into his training  

He also said on that podcast he did acid at 11yo and never had coffe in his life.

Hes so softspoken... Cant believe he was the most ferocious boxer. Proof that you dont have to act like a macho prick to be a legend.

Dont look at me! Look inside!