VictorB02

Holding Myself Accountable

11 posts in this topic

I am starting this journal because I want to hold myself accountable for the things I set out to do. There is just something really cool about holding a public journal, it adds an extra "spice" if you will to the whole journaling process.

Anyways, Victor - it's time to stop smoking weed. The constant back and forth of should I stop or should I quit has now come to an end, it just isn't worth it anymore. I have exhausted every way in which I could make smoking weed work with my current lifestyle, but to no avail. This is a new starting point for me, a new horizon. A certain excitement and optimism fills my heart when I think about quitting, now it is time to commit.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

This is an absolutely amazing perspective of someone who’s quit weed.

I’m not sure who this guy is but he talks of some very high spiral dynamics values/ideas, it’s really a great perspective!

If you smoke, I especially recommend you watch!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Thank you for sharing a public journal. Positive energy. You got this. 

@Serotoninluv thank you! :D

@VictorB02 Welcome, Thanks for sharing. You can do it!   

Great video. That guy is an inspiration. 

Ive gone back and forth with Cannabis habit most of my life. Years off then years on, kind of thing. When I've been on a long streak of heavy smoking, Quiting usually involves 10 -14 days of irritability and then I'm 'home free' in a way. This has more or less been the rule.

I know everybody differs in this,,,,

After a couple weeks, it's not really that much of a temptation because the novelty of increased perception is valued.

Like the guy in the video says about the dramatic increase in awareness and energy which happens fairly quick, I can attest to.

Graham Hancock was a late bloomer but laid it down after a 24 year daily habit.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot no way! I was just watching that video! That was another great one about quitting.

and I agree, it’s the very beginning quitting that is the hardest.

your homeostasis is set to weed and resistance can be a b*tch to overcome

Day #2 quitting weed. I am already noticing my focused has shifted from “trying to get my stuff done so I can smoke” to complete and utter focus on my life purpose and where I want to go in this life. 

A sense of purity and cleanliness has covered this day.

It has now been 10 days since quitting weed and I have never felt better. I am now pursuing my life purpose with the most passion I have ever felt.

I just recently made the best video I have ever made (see below) I am extremely proud of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgBq1XVrUj8

Thanks for sharing your YouTube. I enjoyed seeing the Idaho country side and also hearing what you said. Having a reminding factor is very helpful in Inquiry, like you say. It's a statement that implies knowledge of the human predicament and also a love for the truth or "what is".

Your good in front of the camera. You come across as genuine and thoughtful. I'm going to watch some of your others.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot thank you! That means a lot. It’s what I decided on for my life purpose, so I think that is what allows me to be so genuine, is because I’m doing it for the right reasons! 

Thanks again

I see your past efforts. I hear your love and optimism. I feel your sense of purpose and mission.

Thank you past me.

Thank you. 

I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for YOU!

Edited by VictorB02