daniel695

can real change come without really tuning into your emotions?

7 posts in this topic

hi, im not really in tuned with my emotions actually their pretty much suppressed due to medication and when it comes to contemplating and questioning your beliefs can real change happen if you don't change the emotion associated with the belief?. my current belief is that its hard to change a belief if your not in tune with your emotions or if their suppressed! 

so should i continue to question my beliefs and contemplate, will i  see changes?

I don't know. 

But anyway, I find that the best way to tune into your emotions is through connecting with another person. It's really hard to do it by yourself. 

8 hours ago, daniel695 said:

hi, im not really in tuned with my emotions actually their pretty much suppressed due to medication and when it comes to contemplating and questioning your beliefs can real change happen if you don't change the emotion associated with the belief?. my current belief is that its hard to change a belief if your not in tune with your emotions or if their suppressed! 

so should i continue to question my beliefs and contemplate, will i  see changes?

Our thinking is very limited when our feelings are dulled. When our feelings are purified of negativity and judgement. Beliefs no longer have any meaning because a person is then accessing understanding and knowing.

It sounds like your intuition is leading you towards truth and becoming freer.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

But anyway, I find that the best way to tune into your emotions is through connecting with another person. It's really hard to do it by yourself. 

Yeah, you either need someone to trigger you. Or be completely alone for 10 days and all your shit will start to come up.

But having some social contact, or online forums keeps you in this odd inbetween state.

Questioning my beliefs has been one of the most powerful self-development techniques I may have ever done. 

Assuming you are on a path of self-actualization... you could question the statement "my emotions"

Are emotions a phenomena that just rise up? Or are they something you own? Can you command emotions? etc...

Do some writing, inquiry, check it out.

@daniel695 Becoming conscious of your emotions is the core of all development and awakening work because emotions run your entire life.

It doesn't matter what medication you're on, you can still mindfully observe and inquire into emotions. Your entire life is run by emotions 24/7. The issue isn't that you have too few emotions, it's that you're totally overwhelmed by them to the point where you cannot even tell where an emotion ends and your life begins.

Observing and deconstructing emotions is very challenging work, for anyone, regardless of medications or not.

You could start by observing every day in which ways you suppress emotions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.