Chopin

Friendship

5 posts in this topic

Guys,

I need your advice. Please! Because I keep running into the same issue over and over again.

So… I had multiple friends from this forum, and I can not believe that even people from here are so blindfolded and PLAYING GAMES. I am very open and friendly person. When people PM I usually answer in hope to get a nice friendship, but it always ends up being a freaking fallacy. What criteria do you evaluate people from this forum? Do you have certain intuition that tells you that the person can gain your trust? I mean is there any pattern of how relations should be developed with people from this forum to be successful in the future? I am very hurt and I do not want to run into the same patter over and over again.:| Also I realize that it is all my fault and my expectations.

I don't care much for establishing long distance friendships, I do sometimes get PMs(or Pm myself) but I recommend you look through their content. Do their beliefs and ideas appeal to you? then maybe you should hit them up.

@Chopin i don't think this is a good place to find friendships.

this is certainly a good place if you want help on finding friends in real life, though.

general tip: expecting anything at all from people will simply lead to suffering from both sides.

unborn Truth

I would tend to agree with ajasatya. This place doesn't seem to be a place to make friends, it's a good place for swapping ideas and getting advice though. If you have hobbies try to find people that are into those things. If you do want to attempt long distance friendships I suggest having activities that you can do online like language study, software engineering related, or gaming. I personally think long distance relationships are usually bad though unless you're okay with the idea of them falling apart suddenly and not knowing why. Lastly the issue of trust, you shouldn't trust anyone till they've earned it. The last point will save you a lot of heartache, speaking from personal experience.