SoonHei

What is "it's so obvious" about?

67 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

MEDITATION IS LIKE PSYCHEDELICS IN THAT IT CAN MINIMIZE ASPECTS OF EGO THAT OBSCURE OUR VISION OF NO EGO -- I'VE BEEN MEDITATING A LOT LATELY AND THIS IS ONE OF MY MOST IMPORTANT RECENT INSIGHTS

[Writing in process]

Sounds like control/concentration. 

@Galyna

Hello and thank you for your input, there's much wisdom in whay you say, reminded me of Alan Watts' teaching.

Also It's a common mistake to confuse enlightenment for nihilism, but it's not it.

Nihilism is atheism in the sense that you don't believe in meaning.

If you think: "There's no meaning." It implied meaning. Also when you say it you cancel your own words, because they too are of no meaning, if you claim nothing has meaning. 

I like to think there's infinite meaning.

Cheers and good luck on your path!

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

Hmmm. Thank you all. One thing for certain. Based on what all you have said. The I AM state that i was talking about is very "basic"

Unless it IS supposed to be very basic.

As Jim Newman says, it's just too obvious for the ego and ego thinks it's something magical. I am not talking about the full non-dual experience which I presume is far more obvious and thus much much much more easily overlooked.

@Mu_ the I AM state which I was talking about was simply this:

During one of my meditation sits, had a series of thoughts, question what is enlightenment, what is my true nature, where am I? Etc... When something I had read popped in my mind... That end of seeking these answers is the ending of thought.

And that's what happened, my mind quited in the moment. I just was. Eyes closed. And no thought. I had my full sense of body. Aware that I, this body-mind is sitting and meditating but have no thoughts.

Juat felt at peace. Understood that this is what thoughts loop back into. Question arising or any desire or any voice in the head is exactly what the ego is.

I can go back in that state by quickly asking myself AM I AWARE and just pausing there after I recognize that blank aware state. That's what I am calling the I AM state.

Unsure, if the I AM state is actually a much deeper state which maybe you guys thought I was referring to?

Though, I also spoke with some others and they did advice that's a good recognition in the process and now I should stay in that blank I AM state of peace through the day, working, driving ... Just as much as possible.

So yeah, theres that.

Appreciate everyone's response! Thank you guys. @Serotoninluv @Nahm @Anton Rogachevski @Jack River

Sounds like you got good advice, I'd follow it.  You'll let this new I am ground into being in this process. 

In regards to your first question though, on this is obviously so, that will come later :) When you see it, you'll go oh fuck me, THATS whats always been so......oh...my....god.....

11 hours ago, SoonHei said:

Had a deep seeing yesterday... Which kinda got clouded...

try to see the seeing as a cloud itself. which appears on a blue sky. there are different layers of clouds and clouds hide clouds and clouds disappear - but what you ultimativeley want to see is the sun or the moon or the stars (even though cloud watching is nice, too)

9686C298-42D4-4E40-B380-EF04CBC8D57B.jpeg

maybe that‘s not directly it. maybe more like this:

B1214117-1E07-4E6E-95FE-585433550066.jpeg

Edited by now is forever

What is so obvious is right now, right here.

There is nothing or there is everything. Look at it as you choose to.

It's obvious that there is only now and only here.

@Anton Rogachevski got it. Indeed.

Just an extreme recontextualization such also has an energetic component linked with feeling it as well

@Mu_ pertaining to the seeing of the obvious. I am sure, though it cannot be pointed to (and i know why) i get the sense of what it is like (at best it is a map to the territory) 

But it's like if you could go META to Reality (which you can't) then lets say if i were in a room in my present experience... What "I" am in that case is the entirety of the room with a centered POV from my eyes looking out (Nothing changes visually) i become my entire visual field, physically so... Such that these words used by some like "i couldn't run away from my self..." Makes sense

Of course. At best this is a map. And yes. The focus will be to remain in that simple content state of I AM as much so.

God bless.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei the answer to the obvious is to let yourself fall into it, let yourself fall into the clouds, becoming the clouds, understanding them entirely and then letting go of what’s wrong preconceptions.

it seems this was an escape room game - but you see, it’s not, it’s there to find truth in us and you have already seen it so maybe the next time you see it you can fall into the cloud deeper than before. falling into it while watching it’s colour and form and size and texture and the emotions you get, letting go of control a little more, the moment you realize you are observing, the cloud sometimes disappears.

letting yourself fall means metamorphosis - a part of you will die, but it’s the part that didn’t have wings yet.

bless you!

Edited by now is forever

3 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Anton Rogachevski got it. Indeed.

Just an extreme recontextualization such also has an energetic component linked with feeling it as well

@Mu_ pertaining to the seeing of the obvious. I am sure, though it cannot be pointed to (and i know why) i get the sense of what it is like (at best it is a map to the territory) 

But it's like if you could go META to Reality (which you can't) then lets say if i were in a room in my present experience... What "I" am in that case is the entirety of the room with a centered POV from my eyes looking out (Nothing changes visually) i become my entire visual field, physically so... Such that these words used by some like "i couldn't run away from my self..." Makes sense

Of course. At best this is a map. And yes. The focus will be to remain in that simple content state of I AM as much so.

God bless.

Thats a pretty good description honestly.

sadhguru on obviousness. love you guys n girls :x

Edited by now is forever

@Anton Rogachevski

Anton, :)

I am glad you liked my comment. Certainly, I won't take credit for the wisdom, because it is not mine. I am sure you understand.  This post was an accident because it meant to be for another thread, lol. :D

I do like Watts, but he wouldn't be my favorite teacher though. Yes, I agree, Enlightenment can be confused with nihilism. But what do we expect from our egoic nature? Everything that does not serve ego's agenda will be thrown immediately in the window, lol. 

Also, if there is meaning or not, it is a complex issue, again it depends on the perspective because it can be either universal or personal. From my point of view, if we talk about the Infinite nature of the Consciousness then there is no such thing as meaning.

Good luck to you as well! 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

10 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Also, if there is meaning or not, it is a complex issue, again it depends on the perspective because it can be either universal or personal. From my point of view, if we talk about the Infinite nature of the Consciousness then there is no such thing as meaning.

the meaningless is meaningful in itself or you could say meaning is meaningless in itself if there is no one to  perceive it. but sometimes it’s really the meaningless that blooms the prettiest.

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

sadhguru on obviousness. love you guys n girls :x

Thanks

And thank you @Mu_

I feel that with the new Technology available to us... Making illustrations of what the truth is gets easier.

Like wearing a VR headset... 

If all of the contents of the VR headset you see (360°) became YOU.

You as the perceiver would be at the center of it and yet "separate" (outside) from it... Separate but intimately so.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Anton Rogachevski

Anton, here is a little disclaimer: I still treat the work we are doing here as a philosophy. By no means, I want to mislead people. Yes, I read, learn and know some things, but I probably am not in the position to make any claims. I will share with you my personal thoughts, however, do not treat it as some serious insight, since I am still far away than those who practice on a regular basis.

To me, meaning should have another reason that would stand behind it, and that reason should have some other reason, etc. It is super hard to use linguistic terms to explain Infinity. Should we not treat meaning as a part of it? Can we assign certain meaning in any outcome, or there are infinite numbers of them, depending on the perspective you are looking at? Please forgive me, I am not an expert or ever reached that condition to judge from that level. I wonder about it myself. So far, I guess if we assign meaning, it will neglect all the Experience. Meaning is limited, very limited. Infinity is unbounded. Should we leave this door open and drop all the notions? So, I see meaning as a part of Infinity, but not the separate conception, otherwise, meaning itself will overweight Infinity, but that is impossible by default? Right? We can not put meaning above the Infinity. Infinity holds meaning, but not otherwise.

I hope my thought is clear and plausible. Again, this is my personal opinion and I might be wrong.

Thank you for reading.  :)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Galyna what if they are not separate - infinity and meaning? what if they are in themselves infinite if not separate from themselves?

that‘s what makes all the cruelty and all the beauty of the world and all it’s ugliness (ugliness in sense of the parts we don’t want to see, the parts we hide or look away from)

is it then not only a misconception of meaning that makes the difference between meaning and meaninglessness? no one said there was infinity outside the moment (even though there is an infinity outside the moment)

sorry - guess i‘m asking that myself.  :)

Edited by now is forever