Hardkill

If no one owes you anything, then why are we obligated to do anything at all?

36 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

I'm saying that the definition of life purpose is different. You could work on it anytime, even by yourself. 

Yes, it is helpful for you to get a job now. I would highly recommend it. Then, you could save some money to purchase useful stuff to improve yourself. Research and spend the money wisely.

So my life purpose for now could be making money?

49 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So my life purpose for now could be making money?

To me, a life purpose isn't just for making money. Incorrect definition. 

It's not the same definition as a job or business. 

I said that I recommend that you get a job. It doesn't mean it's your life purpose. 

Purpose is a teleological(Becoming) principle. Ultimately I think it's wrong and choose Ontology(Being). Your purpose could be something as plain as, to start a family. Not "The Family" unless you're aiming for cult leader.

42 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, I agree with everything that you said here. So, when it comes to relationships or social situations, then why should I ever trust anyone if there are no guarantees in someone being there for us because neither one of us ever owes anything to the other when it comes to those kind of matters? 

Also, why should I have faith or confidence that our goals or dreams will come true for sure if there are no guarantees that the world doesn't ever owe us success in life?

Quite simply, because it's the best way to live in a functional way that is conducive to your personal health and well-being as a human. And it also works to the benefit of human society in general. 

There need be no other explanation, for the primary goal in all of this thinking is to go toward your own personal fulfillment... it's just that this desire has become unconscious to you under so many ideas, beliefs, assumptions, shoulds, and should nots.

To put it in the simplest terms, it's good for things to be good and bad for things to be bad.

It's something that all children know in their innocence. But adults (particularly intellectual adults) tend to lose sight of as their intellectual frameworks and projections get more complicated.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

7 minutes ago, Emerald said:

To put it in the simplest terms, it's good for things to be good and bad for things to be bad.

Explain please ☺

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

24 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Quite simply, because it's the best way to live in a functional way that is conducive to your personal health and well-being as a human. And it also works to the benefit of human society in general. 

There need be no other explanation, for the primary goal in all of this thinking is to go toward your own personal fulfillment... it's just that this desire has become unconscious to you under so many ideas, beliefs, assumptions, shoulds, and should nots.

It's something that all children know in their innocence. But adults (particularly intellectual adults) tend to lose sight of as their intellectual frameworks and projections get more complicated.

Yeah all children know that these morals or ideals are the right thing to do. However, they are naive about the real world and how dark and unfair it is. This world cannot function on ideals and pleasantries. Sometimes we must go to the dark side to survive or succeed in life. 

Also, I don't trust people including women as much as I used to.

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

I don't owe you an answer.

You're absolutely right. You don't. I don't owe you an answer either.

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

You're absolutely right. You don't. I don't owe you an answer either.

Well, I didn't ask for an answer or offer you a question, which I don't owe you.

From a purely materialistic standpoint it's a given that people/the universe doesn't owe you anything. Debt is an abstract human construct we use in business, government, and personal relationships to help one another and also to take advantage of one another. In your original post you stated why should we help people in need of sustenance or money if we don't owe them something. As was stated earlier it is merely a construct it by itself is irrelevant without people's feelings toward it. Some people help other not because of what they owe them, but because of the good feelings they get from helping them. On the darker side of helping others nefarious people may help others to get their support for revolution or to get in the good graces of others. In terms of dating the obvious reason not to cheat is that there will be repercussions for being caught, and you will build a reputation for being someone of untrustworthy. From an emotional or moral standpoint it just feels wrong to people I assume. You don't technically have to pay any bills or debts, but the people that think you owe them will enforce their will upon you. That's where owing/debt becomes real. When people enforce their abstract constructs into reality they become a force that is undeniable. If you want a purely physical reason to pay bills and keep your debts I can provide that too. Paying bills and keeping debt in check provides better credit. Keeping promises to family and friends builds a reputation that will expand outside that circle if you are seen as a great person. 

When you get hit with real obligation you’ll know.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

When you get hit with real obligation you’ll know.

Like what? Were you hit with real obligation?

There's one real obligation I know. It is to acquire access to money.

Edited by CreamCat

4 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Like what? Were you hit with real obligation?

There's one real obligation I know. It is to acquire access to money.

Like you being concerned about your sister.  Yes.  I've been taking care of my dad who is elderly.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, SOUL said:

Well, I didn't ask for an answer or offer you a question, which I don't owe you.

This is so hilarious. I am LMFAO. You're responses haven't given me any suggestions or advice, but they simplistically prove my point. 

I see that more of you guys here have brought up even more valid reasons as to why we sometimes do owe someone something. So would you guys say that the old axioms "the world doesn't owe you anything" or "you never deserve anything" or "you are never guaranteed or entitled to anything in this world" or "there are no guarantees in life" are not always true?

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

This is so hilarious. I am LMFAO. You're responses haven't given me any suggestions or advice, but they simplistically prove my point. 

I don't owe you any suggestions or advice and it appears your own mind doesn't owe you the ability to detect sarcasm.