Tony 845

Is Ram Das enlightened?

13 posts in this topic

He's said he's not even sure if he is, whatever that means, thoughts on the matter? 

Because there are to many interpretations of what is Enlightenment and allot of them talk in poems, trying to put some exaggerate , or  strange explanations of what is Enlightenment from their own personalities perspective, which leads to allot of confused people, especially when people  start repeating some texts they saw in books , or videos , with some silly interpretations of Enlightenment, they might have realized Enlightenment, but their personalities are still there, so their ego is still there , it does not go poof, it can't, you can be observing your personality and not taking part in its actions , but it does not mean that it does not act on level that it is programmed on, or you can reprogram it to your best capabilities, take more control over its action. 

Edited by purerogue

Enlightenment is coming to realize the true nature of reality and existence itself. How well you embody/express that understanding/state of being is how Enlightened you will appear to others. People like Lao Tzu, Buddha, Jesus, Babaji are some good examples of an Enlightened Master.

Many people wake up to the true nature of reality but struggle to embody/express its divine intelligence authentically at all times. You could consider these people Enlightened because they still understand or at least Know "how it all works" and "what it all is" and are most definitely Enlightened when compared to millions of other people who don't know "how it all works and what it all is" but not yet Enlightened Masters because they struggle to embody, express and live it eternally.

2c

B R E A T H E

Who knows... I only care that he was a great fucking teacher and an big inspiration for me. 

He said he isn't, but I've learned so much from him. If you have never watched "Ram Dass, Going Home" on Netflix, you ought to. Beautiful show, beautiful human being.

I think he's achieved some level of enlightenment even if he won't claim it. I'd much prefer that over so many I see who ARE claiming "enlightenment" and don't appear to be. I believe he talked about enlightenment being a process, and that he's further along in that process than he was before he went to India, but that he's nowhere near the end of it. 

@Tony 845 this is the trouble of trying to label someone else or yourself enlightened. There are many different levels of awakening, and how can you be certain that ego didn't come into the equation of anyone else's assessment? In my opinion, It's a meaningless label that causes more confusion than if it wasn't applied.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Tony 845 this is the trouble of trying to label someone else or yourself enlightened. There are many different levels of awakening, and how can you be certain that ego didn't come into the equation of anyone else's assessment? In my opinion, It's a meaningless label that causes more confusion than if it wasn't applied.

Exactly! 

You know if you are enlightened.  It just is.  The only grey area would be your ego trying to dispute it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Yes through a Stage Green lens. The degree of his understanding I think is to miss the point. We'll honestly never know that. Just like you can't know what enlightenment is so long as you never had an enlightenment experience. I think Ram Das did a great job playing the role pushing the envelope with spirituality in the 60s & 70s and the influential role he's had on so many other influential people like Steve Jobs.

For those that may be discouraged by Ram Das being Green, I don't think we can really ask for more. He was living in a very strict Blue/Orange world and he really helped lead that demolition and bring forth Green and allow Green to flourish more in the states which has allowed and paved the way for further evolution and development. 

Not the deepest levels in my opinion.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.