Inliytened1

How evolved is Joe Rogan and people like him?

41 posts in this topic

@Michael569 Booth i would say. If you feel unsafe you will get stuck on red. If you feel out of controll over your life you will get stuck on blue. If you feel unpopular you will get stuck on orange. 

Yellow is about building new things. You cant do that if you spend all your time reparing a flawed foundation.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Overall I would put him at Orange/Green. The part in him that I find Yellow is his openmindedness to diverse perspectives.

I mostly used Joe as an example of the multi-perspective aspect of Yellow. But that's far from Yellow's only aspect.

Joe still has a lot of Orange that he needs to transcend.

The deeper I learn about Yellow, the more I see that extremely few people are solidly at Yellow. Yellow is very deep and sophisticated.

But isn’t Green also openminded to diverse perspectives? For example, Green intellectuals.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

green is being open to the fact that your perspective is influencing other peoples perspectives, (consciously or unconsciously) after stage orange you only care for growth and improvement aswell as new innovations and other such orange perspective. The limitation becomes that it doesn't start to bring you happiness so you start caring about others outside or inside of your reach for the first time. (you see others as yourself [human] for the first time.  The development through green i believe is to encorporate equality between inviduals until you reach the limitation that equality can not sustain a nation or an entire country. SO you begin to look for diverse approaches through understanding humans alot better. it helps that you've come from lower stages of the spiral because in this time you are able to relate to individuals on thier levels and accept their opinions, this i believe is the start of stage yellow 

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

But isn’t Green also openminded to diverse perspectives? For example, Green intellectuals.

Yes, in limited context. For example, Green is more open-minded with issues regarding moral relativism. For example, something considered morally wrong in the U.S. might be considered morally acceptable in another country. In general, Blue would be more closed-minded and desire objective universal morality. Green would generally be more comfortable and accepting of moral relativity among cultures.

However, Green has not gone the Full Monty on open-mindedness. Green is not open to the concept that their own perspective on moral relativity is relative. For example, Green may understand that gender identification is relative to one's own experience. Green is accepting of a person that has a penis and identifies as female, since that is their relative experience. Yet, Green believes this view is right and other views are wrong. Green will go to battle with Blue and demonize Blue over their opposing view. Green is not yet open-minded enough to see that their own perspective on this is relative. This level of open-mindedness and awareness comes at Yellow. I'd say it is somewhat difficult to understand cognitively, yet very difficult to embody. Once embodied, a whole new mode of being and experiencing reality opens.

@Serotoninluv gosh you moderators are so good at explaining things :') ahaha i just end up feeling my answers are half ass with out a deeper explanation as to whats actually going on! 

@Aakash Sometimes I am amazed at how well some forum users explain certain topics. Many users seem to be really good in certain areas such as life purpose, relationships, integrating mystical experiences, self inquiry, awakening etc.

Sometimes it's about stuff I don't know much about. For example, @Emerald will write a deeply integrative essay on gender dynamics in social systems. Other times, it's stuff I have direct experience with, yet I can't put it into words and I stumble around trying to explain it. Then I'll read a one-liner from @winterknight and I'm like "Yes, that's it! How did that dude explain it in five words!". Other times, it's stuff I've never considered. I'll be watching a video of @Mu_ strolling through an exploration of thought dynamics in closed and open minds and I think "Dang, I've never thought about it like that before. Brilliant".

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@Leo Gura what do you see as the number 1 factor holding people back from Yellow? 

Deficiency needs is a good answer, but I would also say lack of familiarity with the Spiral Dynamics model itself, and lack of epistemic inquiry. The dynamics of knowledge (epistemology) needs to be directly explored and contemplated.

Also systems thinking. Seeing the world as a complex web of impersonal inter-related systems. Most problems are systemic problems requiring systemic solutions. Few people look at the world this way. They look at the world too personally, as if the world revolves around them and their judgments, as if the solutions are linear and black & white. Yellow is nonlinear thinking. Most people are highly linear thinkers.

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Yes, but Green still clings too much to its SJW perspective as being superior.

Green is not able to detach enough from its own perspective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Aakash @Serotoninluv @Leo Gura Thank you for sharing 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but Green still clings too much to its SJW perspective as being superior.

Green is not able to detach enough from its own perspective.

@Leo Gura Here's one of the greatest shades of green (plus some) I've ever seen!

@cetus56 Yes, she's the epitome of healthy Green, which is why conservatives hate and fear her.

@cetus56 @Leo Gura

AOC is on my Green Dream Team along with John Lennon, Timothy Leary and Jerry Garcia.  I still need to find one more to complete my starting five. 

@cetus56 I'm honestly not sure how to rate Bohm. Some people are hard to rate without reading a detailed biography of them.

@Leo Gura I'd sure like to be there if all the above got together in the same room none the less.

21 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Serotoninluv @Leo Gura Maybe some green science would complete that picture? 

Good idea. I was thinking a Green scientist as head coach. 

I think the team needs some wholesomeness for balance. Perhaps John Denver and some all-natural Rocky Mountain High. Or a yoga instructor 

On 1/18/2019 at 10:58 PM, Michael569 said:

what do you see as the number 1 factor holding people back from Yellow? 

Overcoming all the traumas accumulated from tier 1 levels.