Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brenzo2

Pain reduction & meditation (experience)

2 posts in this topic

During experimentation in daily waking life using meditative techniques, I've found myself having a decreased sensitivity of pain.

Example: I skate around a fair bit and fall over every now and then, and in the past when I've not been too accepting of it, it's hurt like a motherfucker. But applying meditative techniques at the time, before, or after seems to consciously absorb the pain and vanish it from my awareness almost. This is what I had experienced yesterday as I fell. I became aware and alert as I was falling, became aware of the space the pain was occuring in, the pain occured and vanished without being 'stuck'.

I just thought this was a cool insight or feature? Not sure of anything it could be linked to specifically at the moment. If anyone has any ideas or similar experiences please let me know! 

Would be perspective enhancing if anyone can offer any other similar occurrences which are possible through meditation techniques in daily life.xD

Edited by Brenzo2

I use to be so bothered by my cold hands. Now a days it doesnt affect me much. I dont know if its cause i got use to it tho. My hands are like ice cubes at times no joke. Even in this cold 30 degree weather it dont bother me much anymore.

Keep your practice going, more gains to be made!