Roman25

Guidelines to cure depression

16 posts in this topic

Below are some guidelines that I have to get you started with curing your depression. I don't know everything, so read and pick out the flaws and change the flaws to what you think is true or to what could be useful to you.

Wanting to die. Sometimes in life we feel like it's easier not having to deal with existence anymore. Existing is very hard, you go to school for years, work, and deal with many problems. You think "why even bother living". You don't get to experience sadness when you die but you also don't get to experience happiness either. So while a possibility for happiness exists for you, why not take it? Let's say for example that your business fails. You think it's all over. You think suicide is logical. But over the course of years you have built an even greater one.

Not thinking you're missing out on anything good anyway. It is true that there are a lot of immoral things that happen all across the world. There are people who have chronic pain all over their body, while you don't and you're still depressed. It makes you feel like shit to admit that there are people who are in worse conditions yet you want to kill yourself. It almost makes you feel like you should be one of these people instead of your current self or that you should stop living since you feel that reality itself is sadistic.

Be the light for someone else. If you are one of these people who see no light then be the light for someone else. Instead of using suffering people as examples of why life isn't worth living, help these people. There are people around you right now who you are very capable of helping in some certain way. 

best-firefighter-discount-list-first-responder-cover-1240x700.jpg

1 minute ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Roman Edouard

Thank you for sharing dear friend,

I like your way of thinking! I did overcome depression and anxiety, but there's also the possibility it was cured by itself throughout the process of personal and spiritual development.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

glad to hear that man

The basic underlying assertion that you are making here essentially is that depression/suicidal thoughts are somehow bad. On the contrary they can be incredibly transformative if viewed in a healthy, mindful way. What you are speaking about is mostly complaining, having a negative outlook on life, and feeling sorry for oneself, this is different than depression. So yes, what you've said about making your life a service to others is very valuable advice and will certainly help a large number of people to transcend their own negativity. Spiritual depression on the other hand is a different matter. It is often a sign of tremendous spiritual growth. As one progresses along the path and develops a deeper understanding of their ego, their emotions and their unconscious behaviors, they begin to detach/dis-identify with the voice in their head. This is a slow dying off of the ego, which the ego hates and will do anything to prevent. The ego acts like a toddler and throws a temper tantrum to try to get you to re-identify with it. So feelings of depression, lack of meaning or hope in one's life is often times an ego backlash, the ego throwing some nasty shit at you to get you to identify. It wants you to say "I am depressed" "I am this I am that" blah blah. Its just grasping at straws as its tyranny fades away. The key is mindfulness "Ah interesting there's some depressed feelings inside of me, let's explore them" all the while realizing that this depression is not you but merely a fleeting, temporary experience to be worked through.

On 1/16/2019 at 0:27 PM, Gabriel Antonio said:

That’s not how depression works. 

Well, sorry if I couldn't come up with a more logical way to describe it. I'm not a highly educated person. I hope you are enjoying your life man.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:27 AM, Gabriel Antonio said:

That’s not how depression works. 

+1

48 minutes ago, Roman Edouard said:

Well, sorry if I couldn't come up with a more logical way to describe it. I'm not a highly educated person. I hope you are enjoying your life man.

Don't talk about something complex you know nothing about then. 

I'm done using this forum. I yield no positive results from it.

8 hours ago, Roman Edouard said:

I'm done using this forum. I yield no positive results from it.

What made you come to this conclusion?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

6 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

What made you come to this conclusion?

a couple of people disagreeing with your personal views..

maybe 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom I wanted to hear it from him. 

Sent from my iEgo

Just now, TheAvatarState said:

@Preetom I wanted to hear it from him. 

does it matter which ego it comes from? Don't they all smell pretty much the same? ¬¬

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

It matters to Roman. I thought it would be more helpful to ask, instead of telling him exactly why he's unhappy with the site. That kind of lecturing usually falls on deaf ears. I mean, if he's gonna leave he's gonna leave, I personally couldn't give less of a shit. I think he's been exposed to enough new perspectives to be helpful moving forward as it is. Even though he can't see it :)

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState

I am checking this morning just in case someone asked something like that. There are dozens of reasons of why I am quitting the forum. The forum itself isn't a problem. The problem is that I am too young and I do not have enough life experience to use it. I cannot provide others with valuable insight or perspective since they are already older and smarter. And I haven't gotten over my negative outlook on life with nihilism yet. So that affects a lot. I had a feeling that it was a naive decision for me to join the forum when I first did. I just did it anyways by the off chance that my age would be a negligible problem.

To sum it up: I am not yet developed enough for a forum that is capable of either giving someone a mind virus or enhancing their lives. 

@Roman Edouard the point of the forum isn't to teach lol, the point of the forum is actually to learn . You don't actually need to use the forum to give insights, you can purely use the forum to ask questions. Just like i did and recieve the best answer possible at the time. Nobody is expecting you to teach just saying. And the earlier you get it the better in my opinion. I'm quite young and its benefitted my perspective gravely. 

19 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Roman Edouard the point of the forum isn't to teach lol, the point of the forum is actually to learn . You don't actually need to use the forum to give insights, you can purely use the forum to ask questions. Just like i did and recieve the best answer possible at the time. Nobody is expecting you to teach just saying. And the earlier you get it the better in my opinion. I'm quite young and its benefitted my perspective gravely. 

Leo's whole purpose for this forum was for people to outgrow it. I have been provided all of the most valuable information I need to be capable of not dying to suicide or something like that in the future. I am capable of living a happy life at this point. Another reason of why I need to make plans to quit is because I don't want this forum to become an addiction. I have been substantially decreasing the amount I use this forum since I don't want to make it an ego only thing. My only intentions is to come on occasionally just to read certain comments and message some of the users who I know more personally than the others. I don't plan on posting on other threads than this one since there is no point since others already know more.

Good luck with your time on this forum. Everyone's experience with it is completely different.