Viking

what is worthwhile in life?

42 posts in this topic

name experiences, feelings, everyday activities, meaning, whatever you think is the stuff that makes life worth living.

for me now what makes life worth living:

tv shows, genuine laughter, food, love (didnt experience it much but i have a feeling its good), genuine beauty (again, didnt experience much of it but i think if i will it will be good) and thats about it i think.

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Isn’t it obvious...What-is

i dont see why being makes it worthwhile. i take it for granted and i dont see why i shouldnt because i dont know anything else.

@Viking That means, that you are too concerned about your survival and ego. If you are at peace, everything around will look like art and breath will be all you need to feel happy :) The ego will dissolve naturally...

9 minutes ago, Viking said:

i dont see why being makes it worthwhile. i take it for granted and i dont see why i shouldnt because i dont know anything else.

If something is worth while or not is entirely dependent upon “your” or the past(thought-time). 

Your depending on a tool that operates as measure. When we depend on measure to maintain a sense of psychological security/certainty/permanence, thought is then transcending it’s own inherent limits and therefore perpetuating its own conflict. 

Said simply..you may still see yourself as an independent entity that stands outside its own construction of reality. 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

If something is worth while or not is entirely dependent upon “your” or the past(thought-time). 

Your depending on a tool that operates as measure. When we depend on measure to maintain a sense of psychological security/certainty/permanence, thought is then transcending it’s own inherent limits and therefore perpetuating its own conflict. 

can you be more clear please? i didnt understand

1 minute ago, Viking said:

can you be more clear please? i didnt understand

I would just attend more to Self Knowledge. This is all revealed by understanding the self/thought and its relationship to reality. 

This is right there in yourself. Book of you.:)

Edited by Jack River

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

I would just attend more to Self Knowledge. This is all revealed by understanding the self/thought and its relationship to reality. 

yeah i try to figure out myself all the time, slowly im understanding myself more.

10 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Viking That means, that you are too concerned about your survival and ego. If you are at peace, everything around will look like art and breath will be all you need to feel happy :) The ego will dissolve naturally...

my ego likes to hear that :D 

@Viking Yes, but don't try to understand this logically. Try contemplating „your“ death and walking in solitude (like Eckhart Tolle, try sitting down at different places, even though you probably shouldn't if you live in a cold country, as you might get sick now in winter haha), these two methods have really helped me. I also recommend you to focus on your breath throughout the whole day, it is mindblowing how much of an effect it has on you :) Good luck

4 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Viking Yes, but don't try to understand this logically. Try contemplating „your“ death and walking in solitude (like Eckhart Tolle, try sitting down at different places, even though you probably shouldn't if you live in a cold country, as you might get sick now in winter haha), these two methods have really helped me. I also recommend you to focus on your breath throughout the whole day, it is mindblowing how much of an effect it has on you :) Good luck

i hate contemplating my own death because it makes me bored and i get all tangled up in my own mind.

though the other 2 things are interesting. what do you mean by "sitting" in different places? also why should i sit? and why should i focus on my breath? for what reason?

Just now, tedens said:

Take care about Maslow's piramid.

oh thats a good point

I like when after a bad fall, I prove to myself and to others that I'm still able to get up.

It is so challenging!

I honestly hate the projections of my mind. I can't really stand it. There is nothing that compares to the presence of presence itself

13 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

I'm sorry, what about security and comfort?

Those are just means to eating food and having sex, which are what's worthwhile.

Pleasure, is what everyone is after.

24 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

I honestly hate the projections of my mind. I can't really stand it.

maybe because you are stuck in negative thinking, like i am, and dont have much positive meaning in life. happiness is not just about presence, i think. there is a book that bases itself on psychological research that acknowledges spirituality and buddhism that says that happiness is not just about the inner world, but is also about the outer, which is in Leo's booklist, its called "the happiness hypothesis".

Sluts, mushrooms, some more bitches, and Leo sun... wednesday video.

What else could we need ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Everything is touching and amazing when you're joyful.

Everything is not worthwhile and boring when you're in depressed mood.

The same things that are worthwhile like food, sex, etc. When you're depressed nothing taste good, nothing has no meaning :D when you're happy even doing simple things  like watching at a sky become beautiful and worthwhile :)

Those you do not forgive you fear.