VictorB02

Daily Meditation Technique Question

8 posts in this topic

My current daily meditation practice goes something like this:

• 25 min Concentration Practice
  • 25 min Insight Meditation

My questions: is it practical to do multiple techniques in one day? Or is it more practical to do just one, but for a longer time period?

What has worked best for you as far as the technique(s) you do daily?

Any answers are appreciated, thank you

Edited by VictorB02
added question

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@VictorB02 What I did was, to try out various techniques at first (for several months each), until you find ‘your technique.’ Once you’ve found ‘your technique,’ focus on that and let everything else go.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Thank you for your insight!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

3 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

My current daily meditation practice goes something like this:

• 25 min Concentration Practice
  • 25 min Insight Meditation

My questions: is it practical to do multiple techniques in one day? Or is it more practical to do just one, but for a longer time period?

What has worked best for you as far as the technique(s) you do daily?

Any answers are appreciated, thank you

@VictorB02 im not sure what insight meditation is. Self enquiry is where the party is, I'm getting into kryia to. 

If you don't use self enquiry, you'll waste time (in my humble opinion). I have had...good, results from just doing 40 minutes self enquiry followed directly by 20 minutes of breath focus. 

TIME.

time is like a female, needs to be treated with a certain degree of respect...and you have to have enough attention on it or else lol. Couple interesting aspects about time, the longer you go in one meditation session the better. The time nearing the end of a meditation is the most powerful, most focused. Knowing how to use time to your advantage can double or triple your results (assuming your doing the right practises in the right way). 

If you meditated for 10 minutes 4 times a day, it would be significantly less potent than meditation for 40 minutes once a day...the effects are exponential. 

A good example of exponential growth is a snowball rolling down a hill, the bigger the snowball gets, the faster it gets bigger. It's multiplied as opposed to added. Use self enquiry mate

I find practicing in my daily life with busy and distracting environments occupying the city space really help me to strengthen my focus. Then when it comes to quiet meditation for longer periods I find it easier to sit for longer, and to relax quicker. 

I've noticed an increased ability to go deeper during meditation after daily use of techniques long-term. I think it's like doing reps with your consciousness.

Long story short: Do both?xD

@Aaron p

13 hours ago, Aaron p said:

A good example of exponential growth is a snowball rolling down a hill, the bigger the snowball gets, the faster it gets bigger. It's multiplied as opposed to added. Use self enquiry mate

Yeah..it is called momentum. But it brings severe side effects, too. So.. the more time You do self inquiry the more symptons arise. But here is good news, too. By geting benefits You see the progress.

Edited by tedens

@Aaron p thank you.

@Brenzo2 thanks 

@VictorB02 you’re very welcome 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie