Mu_

"The Importance of Being honest with yourself" A video I made

18 posts in this topic

I was thinking about what were some critical understandings that I found along the way of understanding and awakening to truth, and being honest with yourself came up as one of the most important, if not the most.  Let me know what you think and if it was helpful, or perhaps any questions you have or would like me to go into.

Edited by Mu_

Way to go man, for putting yourself out there and creating!

Attempting something like this would really knock me out of my comfort zone. I applaud your efforts!

Thank you.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

19 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Way to go man, for putting yourself out there and creating!

Attempting something like this would really knock me out of my comfort zone. I applaud your efforts!

Thank you.

Thanks, I do the best I can with what I've learned.

The way you look away to think and then back into the camera with a smile looks really genuine more so than the warmth those things I feel like are the true message in your videos :D I hope you keep that.

Edit: QFT -- If I say I know something, it's also trusting in another person knowing of something and there is just room for the unknown--

Edited by Aimblack

Thanks for sharing ? 

This is very valuable information for people who are interested in deepening their understanding of truth. Self honesty and not knowing can be extremely challenging. It can be uncomfortable and even seemingly counterintuitive. I really like your examples regarding how we all so easily will adopt both truths and beliefs regarding many things in our lives without actually testing to see if it is actually true for us 

Remaining a student and always questioning what we think we know about ourselves and reality is so powerful. 

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

Remaining a student and always questioning what we think we know about ourselves and reality is so powerful. 

To start any inquiry/investigation attached to ones knowledge/experience-memory is indeed to block oneself from that exploration. 

Especially with regards to relationship. 

1 hour ago, Aimblack said:

The way you look away to think and then back into the camera with a smile looks really genuine more so than the warmth those things I feel like are the true message in your videos :D I hope you keep that.

Edit: QFT -- If I say I know something, it's also trusting in another person knowing of something and there is just room for the unknown--

Thank you.  Ya sometimes the energy of the speaker communicates more then their words, and sometimes the words create logical energy bridges to the source of what they are pointing to.  I literally spent a year watching videos on Nonduality from Adyishanti, Paul Hedderman, Lisa Cairns, Rupert Spira, Da Free John, Papaji, and 95% of the time I couldn't follow any of their words, but the energy of what they shared opened up and disintegrated more then I knew was possible.  So again thank you for the comment, makes it worthwhile.

How could we know ourselves,

If we aren't honest with ourselves ?

Could it be that those two things are one ?

Yes or no ?

images(12).jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I like the genuine, chill exploratory vibe of your videos. A few thoughts that arose in my mind:

1. When an "insight" arises, my mind has a tendency to adopt the new opposing view. For example, after my first few glimpses of nonduality, duality became "wrong" and nonduality became "right". After direct experience with no-self, the self became "wrong" and no-self became "right". After attaching to a new opposing view, it often takes my mind a while to open up again and think "Wait a minute, could both nonduality and duality exist"?

2. I like how you talked about how new observations and interconnectedness can arise in a mind without attachments and identification. For example, seeing how scientists and buddhists have similar seeking energy toward the truth or flow states in basketball players. I use flow states to let students know they already have direct experience with nonduality. Every student has experienced flow during sports, playing a music or artwork. For some students it's a major revelation. Is well, I think being struck by awe by the beauty of nature is a glimpse. Or, moments of deeply connected love in which one loses sense of their self and time.

3. I liked how you talked about what is true being fluid. I remember reading and discussing the heart sutra in buddhist groups and feeling comfortable I had an understanding of it. After direct experience with Mu, I tried to explain it to someone and she recommended I read the heart sutra. I initially brushed it off thinking "yea, yea. I already know the heart sutra. This is different". Yet, when I read it again I had very different meaning. I was like "yea, they got it. They know." It was super cool to feel that connection with beings that lived over a thousand years ago.

37 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Is this a statement or a question? I honestly don’t know. 

Statement

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 1/16/2019 at 7:11 PM, Serotoninluv said:

I like the genuine, chill exploratory vibe of your videos. A few thoughts that arose in my mind:

1. When an "insight" arises, my mind has a tendency to adopt the new opposing view. For example, after my first few glimpses of nonduality, duality became "wrong" and nonduality became "right". After direct experience with no-self, the self became "wrong" and no-self became "right". After attaching to a new opposing view, it often takes my mind a while to open up again and think "Wait a minute, could both nonduality and duality exist"?

2. I like how you talked about how new observations and interconnectedness can arise in a mind without attachments and identification. For example, seeing how scientists and buddhists have similar seeking energy toward the truth or flow states in basketball players. I use flow states to let students know they already have direct experience with nonduality. Every student has experienced flow during sports, playing a music or artwork. For some students it's a major revelation. Is well, I think being struck by awe by the beauty of nature is a glimpse. Or, moments of deeply connected love in which one loses sense of their self and time.

3. I liked how you talked about what is true being fluid. I remember reading and discussing the heart sutra in buddhist groups and feeling comfortable I had an understanding of it. After direct experience with Mu, I tried to explain it to someone and she recommended I read the heart sutra. I initially brushed it off thinking "yea, yea. I already know the heart sutra. This is different". Yet, when I read it again I had very different meaning. I was like "yea, they got it. They know." It was super cool to feel that connection with beings that lived over a thousand years ago.

Thank you for the feedback.  From reading your posts lately, You also seem to be deepening in your understanding and you have a good use of putting matters of the mind and nonduality into your own language.

Wait... are you wearing a onezie? Or maybe your hoodie and pants kinda match so it looks like it. I want it to be a cosmic onezie. Hehe

11 hours ago, SOUL said:

Wait... are you wearing a onezie? Or maybe your hoodie and pants kinda match so it looks like it. I want it to be a cosmic onezie. Hehe

That’s my aura reflecting off my clothing. It’s a onezy as well ?

Edited by Mu_

7 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Thank you for the feedback.  From reading your posts lately, You also seem to be deepening in your understanding and you have a good use of putting matters of the mind and nonduality into your own language.

Thanks. That thought reminds me of how Leo once said something to the effect that each teacher has their own style and essence. It's easy for me to see in people like Rupert Spira, Adyashanti, Leo etc. I originally thought "Of course, that's obvious". Yet lately I've been seeing the deeper meaning. It's about being genuine and allowing flow.

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

That’s my aura reflecting of my clothing. It’s a onezy as well ?

Yes! Baba-onezie..........haha