Patok

Is enlightenment safe for my health?

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a question about the enlightenment experience with connection of bipolar disorder (my mental illness). I'm currently on medicines which are giving me a deep sense of control and internal peace. I'm also doing Leo's exercises on no-self experience. However I'm not sure and I have some conerns if the enlightenment state won't project some negative effects in my psyche. 
Do you know some research on this topic or some opinions from reliable scientists? Could you send me some links?

Enlightenment is solely religious, spiritual or philosophical.

No scientific research can help you with that question.

It is like asking: "Should i mute my phone when i have my appointment with God? Are there any case-studies?"

^^

If you are uncertain maybe you should find a teacher/guru to guide you, Enlightenment work is a bumpy ride with alot of delusion.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It'll throw your sense of reality, so if you want to keep that then dont aim for enlightenment. What I'm trying you is...you don't want to keep it....

Does truth taste bitter? My answer? I don't give a shite...I'm after it because it's truth.

Your ego will use this against you, but If you honestly feel like spiritual practises are fuckin Ur head up (like seriously)... probably best to leave it. But be sober and discerning between truth and deception. This goes either way...

However, how could a question so simple as "who am I" harm your health. In a way, if you do it right...it will reveal who it is that is observing "your" health and also who is observing your concern,  and observing your thoughts on the matter and the one who is observing  everything else about you. This it points to..

Edited by Aaron p

There are some side-effects of this path, like thoughts of suicide. So better consider that. 

Edited by tedens

You can become highly psychotic and just batshit crazy.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Ok, I think I'll talk with my doctor. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Patok said:

Ok, I think I'll talk with my doctor. Thanks.

@Patok remember, you are here for truth. The authority must eventually come back to God

@Patok it depends on how much responsibility you're willing to take (and capable of taking) for your own emotional state.

if you don't feel ready yet, go back to palliative methods.

unborn Truth