Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cepzeu

A quick method for revealing pure awareness

13 posts in this topic

This is a quick method for revealing what you are, which is awareness itself. 

One of the big initial barriers is getting a taste for what being nothing is like and this has to do with the difficulty of transcending monkey mind and body awareness.

This method is very simple and can be done for as little or as long as you like.

1. Lie down on a bed with a pillow on your back and take a few deep breaths. Relax your body and close your eyes.

2. Now tilt your head from side to side, touching the pillow with your cheek bones one by one, left then right then left then right etc... Do it at a rate of about 100 touches per minute. I.e. aim to tilt your head to one side in just under a second. It should look like you are waving your head to say 'no' but while you are lying on a pillow.

3. The head should be in constant motion like this for a period of time, you can start by doing this for a full minute.

4. No mind should come easily if you are concentrating on the movement.

5. Now notice in your direct experience that you are not 'inside your head', you are not a 'mind'. You should notice that while the head is moving, there is 'something' in the background which is whitnessing the head move. Notice that this something is aware of everything while the head is moving, i.e. the moving of the head does not 'distract' this awareness from seeing anything. Notice that's it's not actually  a feeling or a sensation, yet  you still 'know' that it's there. That awareness is You.

@Cepzeu but how will just ‘seeing’ awareness help you. 

Real growth comes from purifying the mind, not chasing experiences.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@tedens explain 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just quote our guru: "put Your consciousness on Your consciousness".

If there is concentrating that is itself feeling/emotion/thought(time) movement.

Mind will easily say I am the awareness of movement not seeing that it is still that same movement. It’s a trick of sorts. 

The question is whether it is time movement (self conscious) or conscious awareness. 

Self will very subtly still divided itself from its content(conciousness). 

Edited by Jack River

This is not the point what@Cepzeu mean.  The point is to get a high degree of concentration with the help of movement.

It's main meaning of that manner. 

Edited by tedens

2 minutes ago, tedens said:

This is not the point what@Cepzeu mean.  The point is to get a high degree of concentration with the help of movement.

Fosho

Concentration and that particular movement are one and the same..(of time). 

Edited by Jack River

2 hours ago, Cepzeu said:

Do it at a rate of about 100 touches per minute.

@Cepzeu Wow! That doesn't give you a whopper of a headache or make you dizzy?

See.. If You have a problem with focus on self-inquiry and You can't concentrate much enough, You can use a tool for that like a gentle move of Your head or quiet monotonous sound or breath with no importance attached to it of course.

Just to clarify, this is a technique for beginners who are still associating with the body/mind. 

In my experience self inquiry produces theoretical understanding of no self unless you do it for months. Methods such as this make it possible to get a glimpse of what is being inquired about.

@cetus56 a little bit yeah, ?. I haven't tried other ways, but maybe slowing down may work as well, the trick is to get a constant motion.

This method works on the same principle as the spinning dance Leo shared on his insights

@Jack River yes I agree with you, however, the beginning stages of realization that you are one is disidentifying with ego first.

First you realise that you are nothing. Then you realise you are everything. Leo mentions this progression in his recent self inquiry method.

For beginners it's important to get that first part down.

Then, as you said, you can move into Self recognising content as just more Self. 

39 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

@Jack River yes I agree with you, however, the beginning stages of realization that you are one is disidentifying with ego first.

First you realise that you are nothing. Then you realise you are everything. Leo mentions this progression in his recent self inquiry method.

For beginners it's important to get that first part down.

Then, as you said, you can move into Self recognising content as just more Self. 

I am a beginner myself. But there was no progression. 

The timeless perception was instantaneous. There were no stages. No method. 

And when identification ceased that meant/means that the being of something/nothing/everything was out..All of that is of time/the past.

Ground of being or Headlessness doesn’t identify. 

Edited by Jack River