Eric Tarpall

Pickup is being criminalized

74 posts in this topic

I want to start cold approaching this year but it's risky. Pick up artists are being arrested despite not breaking any laws. If the masters themselves are being arrested then it will likely happen to me too. Commercials such as this one are promoting this toxic idea.

Why do they think it's wrong to approach women? I see nothing wrong with it as long as you're being respectful to her. I predict that it will become illegal to approach women on the street. And this law will only apply to ugly men of course. 

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

3 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I want to start cold approaching this year but it's risky.

petty, shallow and egoist. sorry, i need those words to shake your beliefs.

build a solid foundation grounded on virtues. the true beauty of men has nothing to do with looks. it's all about our power to live a healthy and virtuous life.

unborn Truth

9 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

I know there's more to life but I want to get the sexuality aspect of my life handled.

3 minutes ago, Spiral said:

@Eric Tarpall What who is being arrested? Do you have any examples?

Addy A game.

3 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I know there's more to life but I want to get the sexuality aspect of my life handled.

you cannot separate healthy intimacy/sexuality from emotions and true friendship. thinking of women as mere tools for your own satisfaction will harm you severely.

unborn Truth

32 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

Fix yourself first

I don’t understand why y’all are so against pickup. In my opinion you should meet women and have sex with them if you like but  don’t neglect their emotions and don’t let your main goal of approaching be puting your dick in her. Just don’t be pushy and be conscious of how she is feeling and reacting while you are interacting with her. But if you feel like fucking and she does aswell then go for it.

But I wouldn’t really worry about getting arrested if you don’t come across like complete freak.

2 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I want to start cold approaching this year but it's risky

No it's not.

If you're doing something so horrifically bad that it actually gets you arrested, you have bigger problems than picking up girls.

I've never even come close to having something like that happen. And neither have any of the guys I know who do it regularly.

This fear mongering is just more excuses for why you can't do it.

I cannot understand the negative reaction towards pickup. I have not practiced it, but I have watched a few videos.

I think it can be beneficial to know how to generate sexual tension. Also for long term relationships. It takes some balls to say certain dirtier things, even to a girl you know. 

3 hours ago, ajasatya said:

thinking of women as mere tools for your own satisfaction will harm you severely.

How does it harm me? I think it's okay to "objectify" the opposite sex. No one gets hurt by that. I don't mind if a woman sees me as a sex object. Sure I would like a deeper connection with a woman but I'm not owed that. You see what I'm saying?

1 hour ago, aurum said:

This fear mongering is just more excuses for why you can't do it.

I would probably still approach women even if it was illegal. But only if her body language shows that she's interested in me.

12 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

How does it harm me? I think it's okay to "objectify" the opposite sex. No one gets hurt by that. I don't mind if a woman sees me as a sex object. Sure I would like a deeper connection with a woman but I'm not owed that.

consider that women might think differently than you.

4 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I want to start cold approaching

4 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

I want to get the sexuality aspect of my life handled.

@Eric Tarpall I'm happy to hear those things from you, I'm happy to see that you are willing to change and take some action.

Do your best, good luck :)

5 hours ago, ajasatya said:

build a solid foundation grounded on virtues. the true beauty of men has nothing to do with looks. it's all about our power to live a healthy and virtuous life.

Your concern is valid. A lot of men out there like me used to be very concerned about ever doing pickup again. However, the fact is that it’s been extremely rare for someone to be arrested for just trying to picking up someone out on the street. Just don’t be like Julien Blanc who advertises that stupid joke or meme that advocated for verbally and physically abusing women and don’t be like that downtown LA “predator” Dan Cilley who got registered as a sex offender for getting caught posting video recordings on Youtube, for public viewing access, of the hundreds of girls he filmed on his camera without getting permission from any of them, including a 15 year old whom he asked for her number and possibly a date. He even made his camera recording so obvious to every single one of the girls he filmed that the vast majority of them asked or told him to not film them. Furthermore, even when they said no, he kept going at it with them. Just don’t be like those guys and you should be fine when cold approaching.

Some of knee jerk reactions here. 

Be careful to not oversimplify or over generalize the topic of pickup and perception of women.

You are fine as long as you know to quit when it has been expressed that your advances are unwanted. 

To me sexual objectification would imply you see them as inanimate and that you can do as you please. Nobody asks an object for anything.

You are wanting mutual interest so you don't have this problem.

You mean this? Generally recording girl sleeping with you and so on and uploading it is not what I at least would consider pickup. 

Nothing wrong with approaching girls, but I have to say that night clubs are full of shallow ones.

Pick-up industry is very, but very toxic. I watched many RSD's videos and followed some PUAs. Most of them are very Orange oriented and not even in a healthy way.

They sell the idea that, if you don't pick up girls, you're a loser. It was the most idiotic lie I believed.

'Pickup' is neither inherently good nor bad, its all your mindset and behaviors to it. Is sleeping with a bunch of women a way that your ego just masks its deeper insecurities and inability to really connect with a woman on an emotional level? Is this player lifestyle a bandaid from a lack of connection with your mother? Don't think I need to say it but these are not good. If you recognize that you are socially anxious, lack confidence, and have a genuine desire to connect with and understand women on a deeper level, that's an entirely different situation. Consider why it is that you are interested in this in the first place. If everything went perfectly for you along this 'pickup journey' for the next 2-5 years, where would you be? What type of man would you be? What would you be proud of? What behaviors would you have learned to integrate in to your personality?

Yes the add does pretty much show how a white dude tried to approach and then the black guy stops him. He didn't even do anything illegal.

Why do Americans insist on being the craziest nation on the planet? 

On 1/15/2019 at 2:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Eric Tarpall Enough of this Red Pill BS.

Leo, you can’t handle the brutal truth. ???