Leo Kaminski

What are the traps with actualized.org?

27 posts in this topic

This quote from sadhguru applied to me: 

"[Yoga] is not about becoming superhuman. But about realizing being human is super" 

26 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I would even argue that it is almost impossible to achieve higher states of consciousness, without first putting the work into mastering traditional personal development (monks might be an exception).

@Arthur  How come monks are exceptions? They are people like us. I actually feel like you cannot really grow without increasing your consciousness first, these two go hand in hand in my opinion.

3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

How come monks are exceptions? They are people like us. I actually feel like you cannot really grow without increasing your consciousness first, these two go hand in hand in my opinion.

I agree that they are people just like us. I brought this example because they bypass personal development (Maslow's hierarchy) and go straight for self-realization. It's certainly valid and I have nothing against it. But if you are planning on doing that, you have to go all the way. Meaning actually moving to India to live in a cave and do hardcore meditation. You must have a strong desire to know the Truth more than advancing your life. Otherwise, I recommend building your personality, before working on transcending it. The reverse might not work, because subconsciously you will know that you are not living an actualized life, and all the spiritual / enlightenment stuff is really you kidding yourself.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

No offense but Joseph Maynor is the archetype of the trapped PD person, 

Edited by UDT

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@Arthur loved what you said! 

Leo is at a point of his life where he is focusing most of his time on enlightenment work, while most of us (including me of course) are still working on the basic needs, we are going up Abraham Maslow pyramid, we are far from being able to dedicate our time to deep stuff like “what is god”, it’s basically the orange green transition, we can’t be too woo woo about the world and go explore our minds if we don’t have a strong foundation, financial stability for example which is orange, and emotional stability like getting rid of old beliefs or traumas which a therapist, psychedelics or books would do the work, in practice is challenging because all the content is very interesting, spirituality, nonduality, psychedelics etc, but we can’t thrive unless we have embodied blue and orange stages, I think this is the biggest trap I fell into since I started watching Leo two years ago, I can’t say it was a mistake because everything is perfect the way it’s but I sometimes compare myself a lot with ppl here because of the amount of work they are putting into spirituality, maybe I shouldn’t generalize because that’s where I find myself now, like 55% orange and 25% green and 15% yellow and a little turquoise somewhere xD (of course my ego wants to think it’s mostly green and yellow but I need to be honest with myself)

The forum is amazing, there are many people who have embodied orange and even green, many yellow thinkers some even turquoise, and it’s great to have those big fishes around so we can get inspired, grow and have a broader perspective of where to go in our lives, Leo’s content is like every other tool and the key is knowing how to use.

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw