Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cameron

Struggling with Body Awareness

4 posts in this topic

Hey Guys. I’ve been watching the Body awareness video and in the beginning of the video Leo talks about feeling for tension in the body. Especially muscle tension. But I just don’t know what he’s talking about. When I go inside my body to feel for tension I feel relaxed as fuck. I used to be a competitive cyclist. I know the feeling of tense muscles. I don’t feel anything like that anywhere in my body at the moment. These are the feelings I get when I sit in my chair and try feel for tension.

- Heart Beat (Obviously)

- Base Level Tingling (I can increase this sensation if I breathe rapidly)

- Bowel Movement (Normal stuff. Nothing painful. Just like grumbling or whatever intermittently)

- Gravity (Pressure between me and the chair and my feet on the ground)

- Holding my head up straight. So the required neck muscles to do that.

- Maybe some lower back pain if I sit in the chair for long enough.

That’s it! Are any of these the tension Leo speaks of? What exactly are we talking about when we mean “tension”. Or am I so unconscious that I’m not even aware of proper tensions?

Edited by Cameron

had an insight i'd like to share.

there is nobody on this side of the mirror... Who I normally think myself to be only exists IN the mirror. I have never seen myself. Only a false reflection.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

4 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

had an insight i'd like to share.

there is nobody on this side of the mirror... Who I normally think myself to be only exists IN the mirror. I have never seen myself. Only a false reflection.

Not sure how this relates to tension in the body? But cool insight dude!

@Cameron Be careful you’re not fooling yourself. Tense your entire body, then let go, relax it all, to see if there is a difference. Otherwise, from cycling a hundred miles a day for days, and running five to ten miles every morning, beyond the second wind, there is a point where we are continuing, with all muscles relaxed. This slow accumulative change, especially combined with the organic development of breath work, can fly right under the radar, leaving you wondering about body tension. Ya very well might not have any. Tread so carefully though.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE