KeenokF

How do I get started?

20 posts in this topic

For the last 9 years I have been promising myself I'd get started tomorrow - start my business again, start my life again, and get on with it. Tomorrow never comes.

I have had two business and both failed badly, and that's left me just hanging on to what I have just in case I fail again and we (my family and i) end up on the street. But what we have got is not enough - we live in poverty. I have to do something. 

How do I start? How do I get the confidence again to get going? I really am running out of time. 

@KeenokF start very simple. find the thin zone between anxiety and boredoom.

PP0113-4.jpg

i'd start with 20 minutes of daily meditation. that should do it for now. be careful with loading your brain with too much information. we need a brain with spare mental energy.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya thanks for that... How do you get over fear? 

Edited by KeenokF

27 minutes ago, KeenokF said:

@ajasatya thanks for that... How do you get over fear? 

there's no easy way out. you have to face it. find the proper dosage for you.

unborn Truth

You get confidence after you have done something not before. Getting started just comes from a decision to get started. If you have trouble getting started you can get an accountability partner but ultimately you have to realize that there is no quick fix. You have get up and get started.

"How do you get over fear?"

You fully feel it with zero resistance Leo have made a video called how to deal with strong negative emotions where he talks about it. There is also a book called feel the fear and do it anyway. 

Edited by BjarkeT

I had a friend with agrophobia. She could not go out. Every day she said today is the day but in the end she stayed inside. That's how I feel, but I will try harder. 

7 hours ago, KeenokF said:

we live in poverty. I have to do something. 

I would start with a job if you don't have one already.

7 hours ago, KeenokF said:

tart my business again, start my life again, and get on with it.

What is it specifically that you imagine yourself doing?

@aurum I do have a job but the hours are irregular and it doesn't give us enough money. It's the only job I can get so it really have got to be self employed. It's not just income, living here in Thailand I have to think of maintaining a visa to allow me to stay. That's one reason why I hang on to this job. Self employment would touch all bases if I can get a business up and running. 

@KeenokF start with something small that you can handle, and build from there. Start with small things and build the confidence in yourself that you can make your life how you want it to be. And drop the limiting belief that you're running out of time. You have all the time you need.

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

@KeenokF Start appreciating what you have, your abilities, the connections & opportunities you already have with people, etc. If you keep thinking about & looking at lack & shortage, you’ll continue experiencing more of it. If you take responsibility for your perspective, being thankful for what you have and what you’re capable of, you’ll experience more of that. It looks like things, but it is consciousness.  Watch this a few times, a hundred if that’s what it takes for it to click. Then listen to this stuff every morning (preferable while exercising / elevated heart rate), first thing, before your old thought patterns have a chance. Then use meditation to calm your mind (conditioned perspectives & patterns), and vision what you want in your life.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, ULFBERHT said:

And drop the limiting belief that you're running out of time. You have all the time you need.

Just to point out, in April or May a contract with a big university will end. We just found out at the beginning of the year. That will reduce my inadequate income by about 50% and so I really do feel I am running out of time. 

@Nahm it might sound like I'm just making things up, but over the last years I've severed every connection I have had. I was too embarrassed to face people so I didn't. Whatever I do now I have to do alone. It can be done though I am sure. Once I start new connections will be made. 

@KeenokF Live now, go and do some action, create new bonds, it is a good opportunity to see, how much you've grown and you will surely meet many interesting people... Past is something you cannot change, move on.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, KeenokF said:

@aurum I do have a job but the hours are irregular and it doesn't give us enough money. It's the only job I can get so it really have got to be self employed. It's not just income, living here in Thailand I have to think of maintaining a visa to allow me to stay. That's one reason why I hang on to this job. Self employment would touch all bases if I can get a business up and running. 

I get all that, but what I'm not seeing is how you're going to start a business when you're living in poverty. A business requires money.

@aurum the business is there but in limbo - a remnant of better times. In addition, I get free Internet hosting from a company I write tech news for. All of my plans are Internet based and simply require my time and effort. That's been the issue to date, the issue I want to overcome.