kieranperez

Leo, did you see this coming?

28 posts in this topic

@Socrates Delve in and find resources on your own, and you will have to scour through a lot of bad resources to get the good ones. The learning comes in reading a lot, not just the good stuff since it may fly over your head at this stage if you have no prior direct experience in business.

Start with a basic project. Always work with small personal projects to apply your learnings to. Affiliate marketing and e-commerce are going to be very difficult at this stage since you're not providing much value (not saying it can't be done).

You will have to enjoy (to some degree) the work in order to get good at it, so dive in on some YouTube tutorials and get started to break the 50 - 100hr mark and you'll know if you like it.

10 hours ago, Bluebird said:

@CreamCat I still do it, just not actively, if something comes in it comes in, otherwise not. I still have enough recurring revenue to almost cover my costs. Then I've got some (not much) income from my life purpose. 

I have enough savings now to basically cover the next 5 - 10 years of my life living comfortably (not excessively) assuming I make nothing during that period (which isn't the plan).

I'm undertaking a massive shift towards stronger enlightenment work, emotional mastery (personal development) and also firmed up my life purpose so now going to orient myself towards that.

I basically lucked into this though, there was strategy no doubt, but I'm fortunate to have stumbled into the path I took and it's set me up to be where I am now. I don't have to worry about money. Of course even with my savings, I did, only by doing the work and getting the money have I seen it's really not where any fulfilment lies. It's helped me transition to stage green as I neglected many other aspects of my life these past few years including love, relationships, spirituality.

But I'm in a transition phase away from web/app development as a business, and more to web/app development in service of my life purpose. Even that will only be a part, primarily I believe writing is a medium I want to explore much more.

Don't mean to hijack the thread. Just saying programming is definitely a worthwhile stepping stone and will be an in-demand skill for a long time, can easily start a business or get a low or high paying job. You may even learn to love it, as I did.

But I'm starting to fall out of love with it. It was a necesarry stepping stone to fully embody my personal development and also now my life purpose.

did you have a clear vision of the path you want to undertake in your life before you started taking action on your web dev biz ?

@kieranperez Programming and web development first could be a good start, then you can potentially get an entry level web dev job (not hard to find) and slowly build up your side business / freelancing very naturally. Great thing about webdev it can be done remotely of course, so no fixed hours, and you aren't locked down to a specific area necessarily. Perfect for personal development and enlightenment work.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, kieranperez said:

The transition from being a 23 year old who hasn’t satisfied and integrated his lower to needs to pulling an Om Swami, Ralston, Buddha, etc. is a gap that I need to really strategize towards. 

Man, for now, I would say just forget about that. Your mind is filled with fantasies of being some crazy Buddha. Don't worry about that for now. Spend the next 5 years just learning how to survive and thrive in America. Then revisit the Buddha issue.

Remember, Buddha was 27 years old when he left behind his life of luxury, success, and family. He had a wife and child. He was experienced with the ways of material living. And then it took him another 6 years to finally get enlightened. So you've got plenty of time. 23 year olds are basically babies. You have virtually no life experience or survival skills. So build those up.

This is not unique to you. Most 23 year olds these days are like this. As was I at that time. You'd be amazed how much can get accomplished in 10 years. Way more than you could image.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:09 AM, Socrates said:

@Leo Gura Where do I find some good resources for getting my hands wet with business before I start my LP business?

I am looking into e-commerce, SEO, affiliate marketing, some basic coding, and social media advertising to get into business.

Do you suggest anything else?

Pls don't tell me if that is what want to do with my life, it is not but I'd rather make some money while learning how business works than working at McDonald's.

That's a solid strategy. I don't recommend working at McDonalds.

But this topic of resources is too detailed and complex to discuss here.

Just by doing some solid googling you can find mostly anything you need. You have to be serious about it though. There are literally 1000s of amazing resources but you're too lazy to use them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Did't read everything, but I had an insight which might be relevant. Wrote it down in my journal:

"Improvement As A Way Of Life

Improvement as a goal doesn’t seem to work very well, both in my experience and when I see other people. The whole process of improvement is dismissed, which doesn’t seem right. Also, who can say which is the ultimate goal? That's why I say: Improvement as a way of life, rather than as a goal. Just keep following the path of improvement and see where it takes you. :) Make this way of life intense, beautiful, full of love and devotion. This way of life seems much more satisfying than chasing after goals all the time and even going aimlessly through life. It is purposeful but yet flexible at the same time."