Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Does tea hold secret powers?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I grew up in an Islamic family (and technically still am considering that I am 14) and in my culture tea plays a huge part. It is always something that family members drink when visiting or whatever.

Now I personally took distance from my religion for personal development purposes, however this tea thing fascinates me. My dad always makes tea for me when I am sick (my parents are divorced and when I am at his place he makes the tea). Regularly my mom advices me to drink tea. The prophet Muhammad was a fan of tea and I think he said that honey + tea = great medicine.

My question: Is tea really this magnificent, but yet simple thing? Is there something special about tea?

Well the hot water helps some of the healing elements in the herb to get out but the amount is very limited and the boiing heat may actually kill a lot of the herb's compounds. 

Most herbalists consider herbal tinctures with alcohol the most powerful way to extract its healing properties. Ideal ratio would be around 4:1 from wildcrafted herbs that have been dried properly in correct temperature. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

You mean herb tea right? Hard to say, there are tons of herbs out there. It seems to me that pre-modern culture can hold a lot of truth to it, even if it's not based on science. 

In my culture we have those interesting sayings about the weather. so for example one goes "saint Mathew crushes the ice, and if there is no ice, he makes it" It also rhymes like a song in the original. It's funny even though there is 0 science behind them they seem to hold some truth to them. It seems to me that over 1000 years people have noticed certain patterns and put it together. 

White and Green tea have a lot of benefits for health. For example, green tea used for weight loss, white has anti-aging properties and protects from mental disorders, such as Alzheimer and Parkinson.

Search for the book ‘Cha Dao: The Way of Tea’. Taoism, Wu Wei, it gets deep. Ancient Chinese culture is of great magnificence. 

Green tea 3x a day makes it easier to calm myself down and to catch my thoughts