bazera

How can I have a glimpse of awakening?

33 posts in this topic

@bazera It is possable to have a glimpse but highly unlikely without doing the practice as a foundation.

After a first glimpse of awakening I read a lot about NDE's (near death experiences) because it seemed so similar to what I experienced. Usually when ppl have an NDE it's because of a horrific incident that happens to the physical body like a bad car accident for instance. At that moment they will let go of their body because of the dire circumstances and have a life changing- trancendent experience as they are liberated from the confines of the limited body/mind. So that being said: could you let go of the body/ mind to experience what lies beyond without there being a dire circumstance involved? Or will it take much practice? And of course we are just talking about a "first glimpse".

near-death-experience.jpg

Just ask yourself, who is seeing my thoughts? Dont verbally answer, try to look and see. How is it possible that you can close your eyes and yet you see? Where is the inner eye? What is that?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Thanks for the replies so much ^_^

They gave me some ideas, also made me realize how lazy I am. So, I'll have to fix that, thanks.

Edited by bazera

@bazera When you think about it it all happens quite naturally given the right circumstances. Right now the only thing keeping you from having that glimpse is you.

Everything the you does is that same you.

Can the monkey end its monkey business with that same monkey business? 

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

@bazera

Set out a 5 days self inquiry retreat at home. Every single day, just sit casually in your study desk and self-inquire for 10-12 hours. No one will even suspect that you are doing anything weird. Preferably do 30 minutes sessions followed by 5 minutes of walking (don't make your legs and waist sore).

By the end of 3rd or 4th day, you should have a very palpable, unforgettable and 'clean' non-dual glimpse. You'll easily see why you should work towards this mode of being. For the first time, you may encounter unmixed happiness. Also the good news is, the effects would last few days to weeks if it's a sufficiently powerful breakthrough. You may have mini glimpses here and there from day 1, but don't stop until it hit you like a thunderbolt and spontaneously stops all self-inquiry and activity. You'll know when it hits you.

The technique of Self-Inquiry:

Step 1: Relinquish all your interest and fascination from all objects of experience and try to 'focus' on the subject. Take the help of questions like ''who is aware?'', ''Who is the perceiver?''

Step 2: Any 'thing' you land on as yourself, clearly see that it is an object. Thus continue inquiring..''who is aware of that?''

Repeat...until the breakthrough comes. There is absolutely no need to think or try to figure out stuff from your part.

In the end, the key is solid determination to maintain this routine for 5 days without giving in to everyday distractions. The breakthrough is bound to happen if you put in the hours and don't stop the inquiry half-way by imagining yourself as a located object/body.

Loved and screetshot it! Thanks. I'll try it.

@cetus56 Yup, I guess I have to arrange the right circumstances

@Truth Addict I've also bookmarked it :D I think I'll try that too

Edited by bazera

19 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

It sounds like you want a tool that will satisfy your ego's desire to be shown that itself is an illusion. Yet, there is no proof that your ego will find satisfactory. 

As well, it sounds like you want a quick tool to reach a goal (to be shown the self is an illusion). The journey is the goal. What is happening right now is the finish line. Look around you. What IS is all around you.  You cannot find it any other place. It is always here. You will not find it within the timeline. It is always now. 

Sincerity, humbleness, willingness, openness and surrender with no expectation, goal or agenda is much more important than the tool used.

I like that!!! Well said !

55 minutes ago, bazera said:

Yup, I guess I have to arrange the right circumstances

@bazera Or another way to look at it:  let go of the "circumstance" of being you.:)

Being in the presence of an awakened individual with strong magnetism - transmission helps. 

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@bazera Or another way to look at it:  let go of the "circumstance" of being you.:)

Just to add to this a little...

Is it possible that circumstances and the “you/i” are one and the same?

As in am I distinct from these set of favorable or non-favorable circumstances? 

We can even go a little further and ask: is the choice to let go of circumstance of being you also born of circumstances/“being you”?

If I am not distinct from circumstance is there any conflict between circumstances and my preference in relation to those circumstances? 

Edited by Jack River

I would practice mindfulness for years, wherever you are be there, Jon Kabot Zinn has great book on this, it's really what they should teach pre schoolers.  That will help you add separation to your thoughts because you will be practicing just being.  Later on you may want to try more serious forms of meditation.