sarapr

actualized.org

51 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

Ask them if they watch Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, a few episodes of those is about the length of an Actualized.org episode. Or if they're an anime fan it's about 4 to 6 episodes. Or about the length of an Avengers movie. If you re-contextualize it that way it's not very much time at all.

But it's time where they aren't distracting themselves from that kind of knowledge :D 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

The mind in which the dynamic arises.

You didn’t answer the question. Who’s mind?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@sarapr

Don't give up trying to challenge and broaden people's perspectives. The lesson is that you need to take different approaches with different people. Personally, I'm a fairly busy person and if I disagreed with, say, a Christian who believed that the Bible was the literal word of God, and then the next day the guy sent me a two hour sermon from a preacher and said "Now you'll definitely get it" - honestly, I'd probably get about six minutes into it before turning it off as well. Because in my life, that's not a priority. It's not where I am 'in the maze', so to speak.

Work out where people are in the maze. Guide them around the next corner. And plant seeds along the way.

You can certainly still be upfront with them about where you are. You can still tell them you watch Actualized.org videos and whatever else, because that in fact plants a nice seed - but for a lot of people, it will only be a seed. You need to know how to get someone from A to Z without launching them up in a rocket.

@sarapr If you are trying to persuade your friend you are trying to persuade yourself. I get the same thing, wanting to explain to people nearby me but mostly it´s not that I want to explain just that I need someone to talk to.
If you really want to change the world start with the man in the mirror as Micheal Jackson would put it :)

Truth is more likely to be realized and not told. It's an internal journey (that does not exclude the external world). You know, what would be really convincing would be something like, you had your own awakening and the process to your realization was very meaningful. The process was enough to convince you. It wasn't directly told by anyone. Things just happen while you were living your daily life, but you were trying your best to be your best. Explain this in your life purpose in a cunning / tactful way so that those who are ready to hear it will hear it. The straightforward approach may not be the best approach. 

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

You didn’t answer the question. Who’s mind?

I did. In the mind of the being in which the passive aggressive dynamic takes place. 

If you are being coy with the term “who”, it would be the mind-body referred as “how to be wise” in this case. Yet that phrasing is awkward, so for conveneince we generally just say “you”.

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I did. In the mind of the being in which the passive aggressive dynamic takes place. 

If you are being coy with the term “who”, it would be the mind-body referred as “how to be wise” in this case. Yet that phrasing is awkward, so for conveneince we generally just say “you”.

Yes in that case you are right. Thank you!

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@sarapr  Most of the time it's a bad idea to randomly tell people about this, there are some rare cases, but mostly people have to get on this path by themselves. Be careful not to make their life even worse by making spirituality look like iconoclasm :D 

@Shin What other teachings do you study? :D 

4 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@sarapr  Most of the time it's a bad idea to randomly tell people about this, there are some rare cases, but mostly people have to get on this path by themselves. Be careful not to make their life even worse by making spirituality look like iconoclasm :D 

@Shin What other teachings do you study? :D 

All the major spiritual teachers alive and Osho.
I would want to study major religions, but I have resistance to do it since it will be mostly dogmatic and cryptic.

But I don't know, I like to see the commonalities, even if it's in very dogmatic teachings.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I feel the same about studying major religions, but I want to see, how hard it is to recognize the serious stuff (what Jesus said in the Bible for example) from the less legitimate information. :D I am just curious, like to find commonalities as well. 

How do Osho's sexual cravings and your nofap mastery go together? 

31 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Shin I feel the same about studying major religions, but I want to see, how hard it is to recognize the serious stuff (what Jesus said in the Bible for example) from the less legitimate information. :D I am just curious, like to find commonalities as well. 

How do Osho's sexual cravings and your nofap mastery go together? 

I don't care what the guys did or not, firstly because there is no way to know if it's true, and secondly because it's irrelevant.

What matters is if the pointers are genuine or not.

God is love

And God in them

33 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

how hard it is to recognize the serious stuff (what Jesus said in the Bible for example) from the less legitimate information. :D I am just curious, like to find commonalities as well. 

Well of course it depends on how far along the path you are, and what you define as serious stuff, because all stuff kind of has a bit of truth, some statements more than others.  My point is it's a spectrum so it's really up to you when you define serious.  But as far as teachings, if it doesn't resonate with you yet, it ain't legitimate to you yet.  I'm not saying you're doing this, but don't accept stuff that seems like it is accepted by people who may be further along the path than you. I would just read the bible and see what you right now personally agree/disagree, I personally found a lot of cool non-dual teachings so maybe you will too

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

1 hour ago, Shin said:

All the major spiritual teachers alive and Osho.
I would want to study major religions, but I have resistance to do it since it will be mostly dogmatic and cryptic.

But I don't know, I like to see the commonalities, even if it's in very dogmatic teachings.

The way Eckhart Tolle quoted Jesus in the Power of Now helped me warm back up to Christianity after growing up in a Fundamentalist evangelical Church and the subsequent puking and disillusionment.

I love the way you communicate with your changing Avatars. It's a great idea. So much gets communicated,,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

10 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

The way Eckhart Tolle quoted Jesus in the Power of Now helped me warm back up to Christianity after growing up in a Fundamentalist evangelical Church and the subsequent puking and disillusionment.

I love the way you communicate with your changing Avatars. It's a great idea. So much gets communicated,,,,,

I don't think me in a cat costume has a lot of meaning ???

God is love

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

Oops,

There I go projecting once again,,,,,

?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@sarapr

You can't know who will understand your ideas. You can only assume.

Don't let that bring you down though. I feel like you're reacting to that one particular case.

After all, you don't need to convince anyone of anything.

You might also use that situation as a lesson and a feedback for you to help understand the various ways you can explain the same things to different people in different times, cultures, situations, etc... And so you can become more convincing.

Some people listen to logic, others listen to heart, some listen to others, others listen to themselves, etc...

There's a lot to learn here (for everyone, and for me personally). And I love how complicated these issues are.

Have a good time wherever you are.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@sarapr

You can't know who will understand your ideas. You can only assume.

Don't let that bring you down though. I feel like you're reacting to that one particular case.

After all, you don't need to convince anyone of anything.

You might also use that situation as a lesson and a feedback for you to help understand the various ways you can explain the same things to different people in different times, cultures, situations, etc... And so you can become more convincing.

Some people listen to logic, others listen to heart, some listen to others, others listen to themselves, etc...

There's a lot to learn here (for everyone, and for me personally). And I love how complicated these issues are.

Have a good time wherever you are.

Yeah that's exactly right some people accept heart and faith-based stuff more so than logic 

2 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I'm curious to know what got communicated to you ?! 

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Cats, on the other hand, are symbols of the instinctual feminine. They can symbolize our feelings, but also the maternal instincts of nurturance, self-protection, and protection of offspring. Cats are excellent hunters and admirable fighters, and often retain a certain wildness and independence despite their domestication. Having ready access to the instinctual wisdom of a cat can be a great asset.

Shin, lets have a deep talk about your instinctual femininity, I think it may have some deep meaning.  How well do you feel you are nurturing any/all of anything you would potentially categorize as "your offspring"?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

4 minutes ago, zambize said:

Cats, on the other hand, are symbols of the instinctual feminine. They can symbolize our feelings, but also the maternal instincts of nurturance, self-protection, and protection of offspring. Cats are excellent hunters and admirable fighters, and often retain a certain wildness and independence despite their domestication. Having ready access to the instinctual wisdom of a cat can be a great asset.

Shin, lets have a deep talk about your instinctual femininity, I think it may have some deep meaning.  How well do you feel you are nurturing any/all of anything you would potentially categorize as "your offspring"?

I think I'm gonna get a tea and forget about this comment ?

God is love

And God in them