ShugendoRa

Is Eckhart tolle teaching a way to enlightment ?

36 posts in this topic

Curious about if it's powerful enough to be enlightened. 

3 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Nahm “what” do “you” “mean” by “enlightenment”? “”

Can you elaborate a little? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@ShugendoRa His books offer great advice for anyone from beginners to seasoned spiritual seekers.

I do not think it is the all inclusive wisdom you need to be enlightened, although many people can become enlightened from never even knowing it was a thing, and of course, less "wisdom" and "knowledge" is better when seeking enlightenment.

But just reading Eckhart Tolle will surely be cutting yourself short of all the other great theory that you should learn while on this path.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

By my experience Self inquiry is the most direct way to awakening, Enlightenment...

Eckhart is great writer but he oversimplifies spirituality 

Edited by SriBhagwanYogi

@Nahm it's like his book The Power of Now is it enough to get a glimpse of nonduality? 

@ShugendoRa

it's like his book The Power of Now is it enough to get a glimpse of nonduality? 

Yes it is. I have actually glimpsed the ox, and cried in realizing that everything is perfect in the moment while reading that book. But it def did not make me enlightened.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@nahm My attempt at humour. Not a fan of the non dual use of quotations.

“”I” am NOT” a fan. “I” should say lol

Edited by Arhattobe

@ShugendoRaread for yourself maybe? 

It was my first spiritual book I read and without any prior spiritual knowledge it gave me a glimpse at truth or enlightenment experience 

The book is merely a pointer. I would also give credit to my great deal of suffering/acceptance/surrender at the time 

the problem with throwing your whole life story out the window is it tends to come back as the mind likes to bring this newfound Truth into the story 

@ShugendoRa The issue is: What daily practices are you doing? For how long? How seriously are you doing them?

Nothing else really matters. That is the key. Without serious practices you will never get enlightened.

Which teacher you listen to doesn't really matter if you don't have your practices down. And once you have your practices down you hardly need a teacher at all. That is the paradox of spiritual work. No one can do it for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I feel like he's worth listening to.  Watch his videos.  The 3 that I like the most are Adya, Mooji, and Tolle.

@Leo Gura @Arhattobe mediation self inquiry mindfulness concentration and kriya yoga? Is this good enough Leo? And Sedona method emotional release shamanic breathing and body work 

Edited by ShugendoRa

@ShugendoRa For me all my shifts have happened when I’ve been taking walks. Talking a long walk is a great form of meditation itself. I’d add that to the list, and also lessen the practice load. Too much might be too hard to keep up with. Unless you are sure you can do it.

Asides that I’ll take a quote out of adyashanti’s book “the phonies don’t get enlightened”. Your intention, level of self honesty, genuine self reflection even when painful, and ability to see beyond yourself are all things you should do your best to cultivate. 

I would second long solo walks in nature as a form of practice.

@ShugendoRa  I wish he talked about self inquiry, since In reality that's how he became enlightened...?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ Not sure if "being present" can fully get you there..

Laying in my bed is my spiritual practice.  Not kidding.  Sometimes I meditate all day long this way when the need arises.  Right now, I'm noticing a lot of energy coming back, so today I meditated for like 20 mins only.  But when I'm processing or healing, I can meditate all day long and that's all I wanna do too.  Obviously, I take care of my basic daily routine/ schedule too, but you see my point.  Nothing is forced.  I don't even time my meditation sessions anymore.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Arhattobe what? He asked himself who's the "I" that's unhappy there's two of me? Sounds like self inquiry to me & yes we all know he wasn't trying to awaken.