Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anirban657

How to find meaning when you are depressed?

6 posts in this topic

I want to find meaning and I have been contemplating meaning for a few days now and I am not getting any insights. 

I am depressed because I don't have meaning in my life.

How do I find meaning?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@Anirban657 What works for me is yoga, fire breath pranayama and breath focused meditation :) You need to increase your consciousness, contemplating from this state of depression probably won't get you anywhere...

I don't usually have a mind.

The mind has me.

Discern between the experience of Being and being at the mercy of the mind, which has no mercy.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I'd say instead of trying to mentally masturbate around it-just feel it fully without resistance. You may not see it but depression is when you can garner the most meaning out of life-this is where your gains come from. It is trying to show you something deeper that's going on, this is how you change the trajectory of your life by feeling deeply and seeing what the "depression" is trying to tell you-usually something along the lines of "stop hitting your head against that wall."

You must reignite the spark within. Aim to find even just that one little spark that illuminates your entire being, and nurture it. What intrigues you the most? What excites you most out of life? Envision, feel. And there it will be. A meaningful conclusion.

The life goal is to get internally feeling as close to rising and shining in the morning as Snow White, gracefully opening the windows and making bad ass melodies in sync with her woodland companions.

What helped me through my depression (black wave) was regaining authentic ecstatic inspiration, which brought me so much joy & love. Eventually it brought me love for All, including love for the black wave; for the abyss, temporarily swimming in it, rather than estranging or endangering it. I looked it in its eyes, lent it a smile and then ultimately it smiled back and passed on by. Now it's like having an old close friend. They still call every now and then, and we exchange our hello's, catch up, discuss current events for a while, conclude how we must react to them, then furthermore, we lovingly exchange our pleasant goodbye's.

Once you become truly inspired, eventually everything around you will become just as inspiring and no longer will the search for meaning be necessary when all the answers you seek begin to twinkle at the front seat of your vision.

Leave the doors of mystery and spontaneity open wide, as your arms, as your eyes. Inspiration is powerful medicine because it reawakens your exhilaration and your motivation to be alive which is key to healing and key to liberation.

Immersing yourself in presence and assembling a dedicated spiritual practice will naturally bring forth so much magic and insight to you, you will be stricken. I advise this to you with all my heart because truly, if it wasn't for meditation and spiritual practice, I don't know where I'd be now, but I suspect Depression and I would've had quite the toxic, clingy and co-dependent relationship by now that's fo sho.

Try not to let the search for meaning grab you by its hands and manhandle you. Its haunting sound is that of a broken record, like an interruption from experiencing the music that is happening here and now. Once you let go, you'll be astonished how much will suddenly be presented to you. ❤️

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love"