Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brenzo2

Cyclical Consciousness? (Help?)

9 posts in this topic

Occasionally and on a fairly long-term basis I have had the experience of sinking mentally into my 'apparent surroundings' and feeling what I can only describe as an expansion of consciousness. What follows is a sense of convergence with every time I've been in this state (an almost timeless feel).

And a strong sense of not having ever moved emerges, a sense of just forms, sensations, and thoughts simply emerging and sinking back down in a cyclical pattern.

This state eventually fades as well which may mean this is also thought, emotion, or sensation based. But it always returns.

Does anyone know what this is or has anyone had any experience with this? Or are there any links to resources able to explain this? I'm not even sure if I have the full picture of what this is? Thank you!

! I haven't had much experience with meditation , the longest I'm able to sit is 15-30 mins and I'm not consistent with long sits. I have been doing daily awareness exercises for at least 2 years or more with quantity increasing as time passed in those 2 years. !

Sounds like you're describing Samadhi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi

Which is basically a mild version of nondual consciousness / mystical experience.

But you are only feeling the tip of the iceberg now. With more practice it will go much deeper. It can even go so deep that your body and the entire universe will disappear!

It feels timeless because it is! Time is a concept created by the mind. When the mind is still for long enough, time will cease to exist.

In fact, every moment, every experience you've ever had, has been, and currently is, timeless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like you're describing Samadhi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi

Which is basically a mild version of nondual consciousness / mystical experience.

You are only feeling the tip of the iceberg. With more practice it will go much deeper. It can even go so deep that your body and the entire universe will disappear.

I've read about Samahdi but have never matched that with the experience. Will read more into it. Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

P.S. The shortest articulation of a cycle is a single dot.

Yin-Yang.gif

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like you're describing Samadhi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi

But you are only feeling the tip of the iceberg now. With more practice it will go much deeper. It can even go so deep that your body and the entire universe will disappear!

It feels timeless because it is! Time is a concept created by the mind. When the mind is still for long enough, time will cease to exist.

In fact, every moment, every experience you've ever had, has been, and currently is, timeless.

I would now, after reading that, liken the experiences to a samahdi-like state. And I'm not sure if it relates to the physical aspect but I can feel the body sensations occuring, but occuring on nothingness. I keep trying to conceptualise it as a substrate but that's a thing.

Edited by Brenzo2
No quote

@Brenzo2 That's right. The "substrate" is Groundless Ground (AKA, Emptiness).

The substrate is no-substrate ;)

If it seems mysterious, unknowable, unspeakable, ineffable, and paradoxical -- that's right! It is!

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Brenzo2 That's right. The "substrate" is Groundless Ground (AKA, Emptiness).

The substrate is no-substrate ;)

If it seems mysterious, unknowable, unspeakable, ineffable, and paradoxical -- that's right! It is!

Mysterious, unknowable, unspeakable, ineffable, and paradoxical...

Sounds familiar! Those 5 keep cropping up. Testing my patience again and again xD 

@Leo Gura

On 1/12/2019 at 11:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

You said ".....time WILL cease to exist" yet you also said in the next sentence that every experience you've ever had has been timeless.......

Any clarification here? I mean, those two sentences do contradict each other in a way right?

On 16/03/2019 at 7:33 AM, pluto8 said:

@Leo Gura

You said ".....time WILL cease to exist" yet you also said in the next sentence that every experience you've ever had has been timeless.......

Any clarification here? I mean, those two sentences do contradict each other in a way right?

Reality is contradictory!