PretentiousHuman

Is Self-Love the highest form of Love?

28 posts in this topic

I thought love is just for erotic Love, but after my 4 years relationship and went to being single, i started caring for my self. And realized that loving my self is more important that loving someone. 

"Wake up."

-- God

I can relate to what you are saying. It seems to me like you are a little loaded. But if i dare utter big words i would say love others in spite of what they might have done to you. Because, if i have to speak for myself, when i imagine myself doing what someone else has done to me, i can usually see myself doing the same thing. So it doesn´t seem to me like a question of who did what. But loving yourself is pretty sweet too.

Also cute puppies you got there mate

Edited by Amun
puppies

All love is self-love.

Now, your ego could use this realization for great harm if you didn't fully understand it. Which, I don't think you have the foundation to appreciate this in a healthy way yet. This is fine and expected, but REALLY contemplate this! You can get there pretty quickly if you're openminded.

Love is not an emotion. The emotions we feel are second-order phenomena, byproducts of a metaphysical process of connection with the self (the universe). Your emotions POINT to love, but they themselves are not what love is.

Consider this: You can not love others unconditionally until you have fully accepted and loved yourself. Is this true in your direct experience? And if it is true, contemplate why this is so...  

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Now, your ego could use this realization for great harm if you didn't fully understand it.

Ditto. The love of self, is the love of  the Self (god,consciousness,brahmin etc.), that is beyond name and form, not the identified self which is what most people refer to as "self",ego or conceptual self.

Since all is one and there is nothing but The Self, self-love is really the only kind of love.

But this not the self you imagine you are. I am speaking of loving the entire universe unconditionally, especially all the evil stuff your self hates. That is true Self-Love.

The ego is not capable of real love. It only knows pseudo-love. Ego only cares about gets it needs met. That is not real love. That is egotism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@ajasatya Actually, i dont know what's the answer. I think being loved by yourself is to be cared and accepted by you, no matter what. Sometimes, i dont accept some of the things i have. Like my health issues. 

Self? I think its me or are you talking about the higher self which is my divine nature? I dont have any clue. 

"Wake up."

-- God

@PretentiousHuman Try to watch this with an open mind. It'll be really weird, trust me, but will help answer your question in the long term.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Amun Thats right. Revenge wont change anything that was being done to you. You only hurt yourself. Im practicing acceptance, whether i think its good or bad. 

Thanks mate. They are mixed Shitzu and Poodle. Hope the spelling are correct. Hehe

"Wake up."

-- God

@TheAvatarState Thats some deep truth you have. I think im not that conscious enough of the Love you're saying. If Love is not an emotion, then ive been trick sometimes that if i liked a girl, its not the Love i thought it was. Merely just an infatuation. 

"Wake up."

-- God

@isness is my bizness Then Love the Self is not a bad thing after all? Doing meditation, exercise, sleeping, yoga, eating healthy, etc,. So in a way, you're doing service to God in Self-Love?

"Wake up."

-- God

@Leo Gura Firstly, you're one of a kind human being. 

If that's the case, are you worshipping God by doing some meditation, yoga, exercise, eating healthy? Is it not too selfish to do that?

What is pseudo-love? And i think i have a hard time accepting or loving the evils of the world. 

"Wake up."

-- God

1 hour ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@Leo Gura Firstly, you're one of a kind human being.

As is every human being ;)

If that's the case, are you worshipping God by doing some meditation, yoga, exercise, eating healthy? Is it not too selfish to do that?

Since YOU are God, you'd be worshipping yourself. That is okay as long as you're aware that you are worshipping yourself. Then it becomes like a cosmic masturbation session. And since you are the only thing in existence, all action is ultimately masturbation.

1 hour ago, PretentiousHuman said:

What is pseudo-love? And i think i have a hard time accepting or loving the evils of the world. 

Loving only those parts of reality which serve you or make you feel good.

Of course, like I said, ego (you) is incapable of true love. True love requires eliminating ego. This requires some serious spiritual practices like Kriya yoga or self-inquiry or psychedelics.

This is an interesting question.  It’s a yes and no answer.  Yes in the sense that you can’t really genuinely love outwardly unless you care for and love yourself.  No in the sense that contributing your strengths to help others is the highest form of love.  So you really need both self-love and a love of others.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

So you really need both self-love and love of others.

Yes, because self and other are identical in the end.

See video: The Theme Of Things Going Full-Circle

3 hours ago, PretentiousHuman said:

or are you talking about the higher self which is my divine nature?

This is the Self being spoken of. In awakening to the truth of ones inherent divine nature,one realizes the Self is naturally loving and has no need to be loved. It is the thought-self, the believed self, ego-self, that is needy of love. The "I think its me?", that you referred to above. It's nature is to always desire more,but can never be fulfilled. But this is not the "you" or self, you conceive as" you". That one, is an illusion. A phantom of the mind.

Edited by who chit

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Then it becomes like a cosmic masturbation session. And since you are the only thing in existence, all action is ultimately masturbation.

That recontextualizes the idea of “group sex”. ?