kieranperez

Michael Shermer on Rogan

8 posts in this topic

Keep an eye out for the upcoming podcast to learn from the deceptions and rationalizations of a false ideological skeptic. Going to be a great episode to learn about the many epistemological traps we can potentially fall into. Going to also be interesting to see a false skeptic conversing with a higher level, healthier skeptic (Rogan).

Oh good God... not him again...

It really takes effort to be that dense.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

why even bother? it just sounds intelligent and boring at the same time.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

why even bother? it just sounds intelligent and boring at the same time.

Just to get a different insight and see how other people view things.
Also youtube has a 2x speed viewing option so you can watch it in half the time 

1 minute ago, Garuda said:

Just to get a different insight and see how other people view things.
Also youtube has a 2x speed viewing option so you can watch it in half the time 

it's not the speed. it's the subjects o.O

unborn Truth

11 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Keep an eye out for the upcoming podcast to learn from the deceptions and rationalizations of a false ideological skeptic. Going to be a great episode to learn about the many epistemological traps we can potentially fall into. Going to also be interesting to see a false skeptic conversing with a higher level, healthier skeptic (Rogan).

For some reason I ended up listening to the whole thing the other night. I know Leo reccommended to read Shermer's book to see different opinions etc. I didn't read the book so I though i'd listen to this. I can't say I really learnt much. What striked me was just how boring Shermer is. Not in a personal sense, but just that he lacks any sort of open-mindedness, let alone any genuine wonder or curiosity about reality. He's so stuck in his materialism, and he's not open to any alternatives at all. I think it comes down to not-knowing as well. He can't accept not-knowing.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space But here's the kicker: earlier in his life he used to be Born Again Christian. LOL

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.