The Monk

What about Salmon or eggs?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I’ve been reading a lot of research suggesting that plant based is best but also seen evidence suggesting eggs or salmon is healthy? 

But I’m worried about the mercury, since lots of studies suggest that it’s filled with pollutants and it’s even been labelled as “the most contaminated food of all time”. 

Do you know of any healthier alternative also? 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Eggs would be an ok food if they didn't have so much cholesterol in the yolk.

Salmon can be ok if it's wild caught. I personally don't eat farmed salmon after I went to a salmon farm. They just swim around in their piss and s**t, all clustered together. 

yes theyre very healthy. But ONLY if you get good quality ones. Personally i believe (afteer lots of research and experimenting on myself) that its nearly impossible to fully thrive on plantblased in the long run. You can eat plant-blased but you need to AT LEASTTT eat a little bit of fish. Farm fish as above mentioned is terrible, they literally are stuffed and overcorowded in tiny tanks (think of how easy diseases can spread among the fish in these conditions). They dont get adequete nutrition or light and swim in stagnant water, not good at all. Wild caught salmon is very healthy. AVoid tuna and swordfish (even wild caught) since they have huge amounts of mercury. The most healthy fish of all is sardines. Theyre cheap, contain lots of omega 3's, and usually are wild caught (but make sure on packaging). AVoid fish oil (most are rancid) and vegan omega 3 supplements.

As for eggs, it depends where you live. In the US i would avoid them . If the yolk is yellow, avoid them, the are very bad. Good quality egg's yolk will have a deep orange color. And dont go overboard with eggs (1-2 a day is ideal). I think the only place to get good ones in US is if you visit the farmer market or someone's farm/homestead. 

Edited by moon777light

https://selfhacked.com/blog/acetylcholine/
"Acetylcholine is a hot topic within the realm of memory enhancement. It is a neurotransmitter that is critical for the everyday functioning of the brain, particularly in the areas of movement, learning & memory, and sleep quality. Check out this post to learn how to promote balanced acetylcholine in your body and function at your very best."

https://www.megafood.com/blog/choline-supernutrient-in-eggs-you-didnt-know.html
"The humble egg. Just two hard-boiled eggs provide 250 to 300 mg of choline. And the yolk is the key! If you're eating an egg-white omelet for breakfast, you're missing out on the vital nourishment the yolk has to offer, including choline."

Two books I have read somewhat recently both recommend both eggs and fish , salmon in particular

bulletproof_books__20head_strong_product 51wv9QTgg3L._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

They both are in line with what moonlight said about the farmed fish, Dave is more stringent about quality what Max says that conventional eggs are fine, though organic and pasture raised in preferred.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

One thing I have noticed is that eggs seem to make me tired, so much so that they are a pretty reliable sleep aid. It doesn't transfer to the next day.

"Acetylcholine promotes REM sleep, which helps memory storage and for the brain to rest [R]."
https://selfhacked.com/blog/acetylcholine/

I notice the same thing with vitamin D3, It seems to make me tired.

https://selfhacked.com/blog/35proven-health-benefits-vitamin-d-part-1/

"Vitamin D could be important for sleep disorders (R).

Higher concentrations of this vitamin were associated with better maintenance of sleep (R).

In the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) study, lower vitamin levels were associated with shorter sleep duration (R).

Some studies suggest improved sleep quality with vitamin D supplementation.

It has been hypothesized that its deficiency is central to a recent ‘epidemic’ of disturbed sleep patterns (R, R2).

Studies have reported a high prevalence of this vitamin deficiency in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.

This is a widespread disorder characterized by episodes of breathing cessation due to upper airway tract obstruction during sleep (R).

Its deficiency is more pronounced in severe sleep apnea and associated with abnormal glucose production (R, R2).

More studies are needed to prove this relationship between sleep quality and vitamin D supplementation."

The kingdom of heaven is within.