Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theking00

Boredom

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

Try replacing video games with healthy habits, one by one, if you are more experienced, you can maybe put two. 

Try nofap, cold showers, pranayama, yoga, meditation, journalling, just add these into your day one by one, there will be no time to play.

In the end, you will enjoy the work, but it might be a longer kind of process :) 

I tried nofap and I didn't like .

@theking00

Deeply embrace it with love, be one with it, cause there's no "you" to deal with "boredom", for you are boredom. Let it flow through you, and be a super-conductor of boredom. All that "you" experience, become it.

Don't push it too hard. Go on walks and watch the nature. Let your mind escape if it really wants, it will come back, refreshed and ready for more mindfulness.

31 minutes ago, theking00 said:

I tried nofap and I didn't like .

Of course you don't love it, you're addicted to the dopamine rush it causes.

Except hardcore drugs, there is nothing more addictive :) 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

Because,

Being bored=Not seeing what is and subsequently seeing/imagining/forcing what is not. 

In other words, it is a Consciousness issue

That is right.

The solution is to stop forcing yourself to follow your egos plan. If you don’t want to do that meditation retreat, just don’t do it. It’s not worse than doing that retreat. The belief “It’s better for me to do that retreat” is the cause of your suffering. And boredom is a kind signal to remind you of this. 

If you truly want to do the retreat, you won’t be having any boredom issues. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 2019-01-12 at 9:35 PM, theking00 said:

How I can deal with boredom? I am planning to do a retreat mediation 

Face it! It won't kill you.

Edited by WelcometoReality

On 12/01/2019 at 8:35 PM, theking00 said:

How I can deal with boredom? I am planning to do a retreat mediation 

@theking00 if your talking about boredom during a meditation retreat, I would recommend staying completely silent the whole time to amplify the boredom significantly. (This will help your results)

If you mean in general, I duno just get a gf or some class B drugs.... Just make sure you do your days meditation. Dealing with boredom is a distraction from enlightenment

Edited by Aaron p