Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stakres

How to build a social circle / make friends?

4 posts in this topic

It's said that you are the average of 5 people you hang out with the most. I'm still studying at university and although I know that I can learn something from everyone, most university students are not the people who I want to surround myself with.

• How do I build a new friend group?
  • How can I meet successful and driven people?

PS: I couldn't find a megathread of people from this forum in different counties. Maybe it would be good to create that so that like minded people from this forum can meet-up...

Could be interesting to have threads for certain regions. 

I'm currently in Heidelberg, Germany. 

9 hours ago, Stakres said:

Maybe it would be good to create that so that like minded people from this forum can meet-up...

Just a heads up, creating meetups are against the forum guidelines.

I'm still studying at university and although I know that I can learn something from everyone, most university students are not the people who I want to surround myself with.

It's going to be tougher in university because you've basically committed to being in the environment for a couple years. But it can still be done.

First thing you want to do is find out exactly who you what to surround yourself with. Where do they eat? Where do they get their haircut? Where do they live? Etc.

Once you know all that information you just plug yourself into those situations in a way that adds value.

If you can become a connector / organizer for the people you want to associate with, that's a major plus. It's an easy way to add value to people in a way they will really appreciate.

How can I meet successful and driven people?

The key thing to realize here is that most successful people probably don't want to hang out with you.

That's not a personal attack. It's just that in the same way you want to be around successful people, so do they. And they're busy.

So if you're not successful already, you're going to run into gatekeepers that stop you from meeting these people.

More than likely you'll have to network with people who aren't so successful until you start making better and better connections.

@Stakres become the person you'd expect to meet.

wanna meet driven/successful people? that requires a lot of hardwork.

unborn Truth