Aaron p

A natural sense of detachment & non-interest from EVERYTHING?!

14 posts in this topic

As of late I have (very clearly and obviously) observed that the more I do this work the more I feel a strong wave of utter non-interest with absolutely EVERYTHING around me. I'm not Gona lie, while one part of me wants it...one part of me wants to have it back

Is it healthy to detach like this? Its not like I'm forcing it. The number of friends I have dwindle because I'm uninterested, loss of interest in social life and things like family and education. 

Has anyone else experienced this? And is it harmful or helpful?

Cheers

Edited by Aaron p

yes i have experienced this especially after my first glimpse of the no self or enlightenment. Detachment is the process to enlightenment. So it is not bad that you detach from these interest. Your one the right path to enlightenment.

Normal. As you diminish your ego in spiritual work, desire also wanes. Ego and desire are like the same thing -- two sides of one coin. With the falling away of ego, desires also falls away. I recommend reading the book "The End of your World" by Adyashanti. He talks about this process at length. 

It depends upon which path you are. If you are on the path of Leo, or any other spiritual path which sees reality as an illusion like most non-duality teachers, you will become detached from reality and everything in it. Because you will come to see it as not real. 

If you are on the path of Buddhism you will come closer to everything in reality, because you will slowly melt into reality.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

4 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

If you are on the path of Leo, or any other spiritual path which sees reality as an illusion like most non-duality teachers, you will become detached from reality and everything in it. Because you will come to see it as not real. 

That idea is contracted within subject-object dualism and does not integrate nonduality. 

@Aaron p I’ve been on that ‘meaninglessness’ state for a while, but recently I came off it. In fact, whilst I was on that state, I created an entire topic debunking life purpose. I now realise that this was just me on a meaninglessness state. I no longer hold those views.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

That idea is contracted within subject-object dualism and does not integrate nonduality. 

I agree that both paths end up close to each other, but they seem to differ in the end. And I don't know where Leo is heading if he is still progressing.

But the paths towards this end seem to differ a lot.

5 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

I agree that both paths end up close to each other, but they seem to differ in the end. And I don't know where Leo is heading if he is still progressing.

But the paths towards this end seem to differ a lot.

Indeed. There are many different paths. I am only an expert with one path (my own).

On 11/01/2019 at 11:52 PM, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@SriBhagwanYogi love that guy, he reignites my determination everytme

Edited by Aaron p

22 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Aaron p I’ve been on that ‘meaninglessness’ state for a while, but recently I came off it. In fact, whilst I was on that state, I created an entire topic debunking life purpose. I now realise that this was just me on a meaninglessness state. I no longer hold those views.

@How to be wise yes bro, anything that experiencable is not the imperishable. This state, while it may end up being good sign, is yet still only one of the states of the mind that will dissolve with the rest. And I know that awareness needs a form, the Ying and Yang both supporting eachother, I know eventually I will be led [through this] to accept more holistically the things I feel myself disconnected from atm

21 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Indeed. There are many different paths. I am only an expert with one path (my own).

@Serotoninluv I don't have a path haha, I'm just trusting that these friggin enlightenment techniques and psychedelics work. Whatever "enlightenment" means. I seriously have no clue. I don't even really know what awareness actually is. You have to trust so much...it's only guys like Leo and moojibaba and Alan Watts that keep my drive going. But fuck the drive, it's far too late...I ain't stopping meditation for anything, drive or not. I feel like I have seen something that is invisible and also something with no attributes. So what the fuck have I seen? No idea, but yet I still know it's the truth.

23 hours ago, Emanyalpsid said:

It depends upon which path you are. If you are on the path of Leo, or any other spiritual path which sees reality as an illusion like most non-duality teachers, you will become detached from reality and everything in it. Because you will come to see it as not real. 

If you are on the path of Buddhism you will come closer to everything in reality, because you will slowly melt into reality.

@Emanyalpsid seeing as there is no possible way to "think about" enlightenment...I feel I am forced to heavily rely on and trust my spiritual experiences and directions from the higher self. I also have to heavily trust in the spiritual practises, that they'll work. What other spiritual practises would cause you to merge with realty? Anyone god ever tells me to listen to holds to nonduality...

Edited by Aaron p

On 11/01/2019 at 11:26 PM, Maya_0 said:

Normal. As you diminish your ego in spiritual work, desire also wanes. Ego and desire are like the same thing -- two sides of one coin. With the falling away of ego, desires also falls away. I recommend reading the book "The End of your World" by Adyashanti. He talks about this process at length. 

@Maya_0 I felt the coolest thing lately, when I ask "who is the one who observes" it nearly feels like it's not me...like it's something else is watching it...something that is everywhere, that's is always everywhere..