Hardkill

Confession: I have a terrible work ethic

25 posts in this topic

@Hardkill I don’t think you need to enjoy it. You just need to be able to embrace it and do it anyway. A good quote is toughen up and embrace the suck.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, BjarkeT said:

@Hardkill I don’t think you need to enjoy it. You just need to be able to embrace it and do it anyway. A good quote is toughen up and embrace the suck.

Well, again, that all sounds good, but what happens when the workload gets too overwhelming for you or you become mentally fatigued to the point of feeling so depressed and irritable that you can't even work properly anymore? This is what happens to me often. I wish I had the stamina of ate least a normal working person.

I actually don't even know why all of my dedicated years of training in martial arts, weightlifting, running, and even doing lots of reading on online articles and books never translated to having a strong enough work ethic towards my career and schoolwork. I've even tried meditation and even tried some motivational tactics from motivation gurus like Tony Robbins. Listening to my favorite music helps motivate me a lot, but I can't always do that, especially when I am at school, at home doing homework, or on a job. So, if I have already tried a number of ways to improve my work ethic for work and school, then am I a hopeless case?

@Hardkill what is it that you are going to school for? And do you love it? If not, you might just be wasting your time. This is a tough one but you’re not screwed yet. See as living with your parents too a advantage in your case and start saving money and working on your top strengths in whatever career you want to go for.

@Hardkill something else is going on-- there's a deeper issue that maybe you're not seeing...

Have you researched the roots of your ADD?

This chaos and looking at youtube maybe keeping you "safe" from facing something. 

Some self inquiry would be good. Or at least attempting to look at some of the things causing you to continuously doubt yourself or the ADD.

As long as you keep focusing and stressing about these external things, your issues will unfortunately persist.

Ask yourself the questions you are wanting others to answer-- you are capable, even if your past has caused you to doubt yourself. 

Seems like the borage of answers from others might actually be a hindrance.