Bluebird

What's the #1 Thing to do to become more unconditionally loving?

32 posts in this topic

The number one thing is to get rid of your non loving beliefs. Starting with getting rid of the belief that it's not easy to get rid of non loving beliefs lol :P

So how can we get rid of beliefs? One way would be to ponder it and conclude that it's false or that it's not necessary. 

@Bluebird I think for me it has been experience. And just being more aware. Meditation definitely helps but it’s just using the meditative awareness in your life experience. For me it’s to realize how much I judge/hate myself and others and see that there’s no reason to do so. In my career I deal a lot with people so it helps me to see how much I judge them unfairly and really there’s no reason I should judge them. 

It helps but it’s a very slow and seemingly not productive process 

Is becoming a conditioned response/reaction to what is, and therefore is that movement of resistance what denies love itself?

From a continuity of movement/action that is absent of love, can that continuity be modified/evolved/ to or towards love? 

25 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Is becoming a conditioned response/reaction to what is, and therefore is that movement of resistance what denies love itself?

From a continuity of movement/action that is absent of love, can that continuity be modified/evolved/ to or towards love? 

Unconditional love is

...without thought 

:)

it’s that which becomes aware of the movement of mind 

...without accepting or denying what is 

@Bluebird The Work of Byron Katie 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Bluebird

On 10/01/2019 at 7:02 AM, Bluebird said:

If I wanted to embrace that universal love, the unconditional and infinite love you can experience in a nondual experience or most psychedelic trips what would be the recommendation.

Of course, you could say enlightenment, but that seems a little binary for me. I generally meditate 1hr+ per day and have seen little increase in my ability to love more fully and unconditionally, so whilst this is doubtlessly a way to get there, I believe there could be better ways. If meditation has been most effective for you, let me know and I will dedicate more of myself to this.

This feels like a very important step on my journey right now. So what has been the most effective method to embrace unconditional love in your own life?

I have some of my own ideas, but want to see what others have found to be effective in their own experience. Any and ALL thoughts are appreciated.

Best thing for me concerning love was learning how to work with evil. Evil is only an interpretation of different kinds of existence..but it turns out "moral" people have deep 'self-issues' because they're repressing their desires because they've labelled them "evil." 

Think of it like this, the best way a government can deal with something "bad" like drugs (lol) is legalising the drugs. Instead of outright banning the drugs, when they legalise it they gain power of control over it. It's much better to work with evil than it is to deny it. Especially when this "evil" is within you. 

When you hold a firm belief about your own morals, you form subliminal judgements against other people if they fail to meet your (self-repressive) moral code. Notice how hobos and poor people are the most kind and generous? People who have given in to the evil desires of slothfulness and ended up poverty stricken are the most kind and generous?... understanding.....and the rich man with a suit doesent care. 

Edited by Aaron p

Jesus had to experience hell before he experienced enlightenment. Evil is only a bad thing when you abuse it. Everything has its place. Accept yourself (all parts of yourself, including the evil parts) and you won't need to try to accept others

On 1/10/2019 at 8:02 AM, Bluebird said:

This feels like a very important step on my journey right now. So what has been the most effective method to embrace unconditional love in your own life?

I have some of my own ideas, but want to see what others have found to be effective in their own experience. Any and ALL thoughts are appreciated.

Dear Bluebird,

This will be my first forum message on this great website and would love to share my insight on this topic as I learned exactly what you asked not too long ago. When I broke up with a great love I had I eventually learned to let go not only in thought but emotionally as well. While I knew the natural laws of everything which are 3 basic principles which are that every phenomenon can only have 3 natural aspects which are either protective, forceful and/or creative that love also has either one of these aspects or a mix of these. 

When we talking about the most common form of love known to mankind, has a duality, then love either has an attractive or repulsive nature. When translated it is love (positive, attractive) and hatred (negative, repulsive), these the majority knows of. The less familiar love which is the creative one, that said nearly all of us started with unconditional love when we were born. The love between mother and child is actually unconditionally by nature, although life can interfere with this bond and manipulate the child or mother towards a conditioned one. 

My method to embrace unconditional love is to love myself unconditionally. I cannot give someone what I cannot give myself. Once you can love yourself unconditionally the rest will go automatically because you are someone you can love unconditionally. Everyone has their unique ways of living, through passion and interests etc. If a relationship becomes conditioned and there is no way out of that state, then those who love themselves unconditionally know when it is time to let go of such relationship as it costs too much energy and eventually makes you or the other unhappy which we do not want for either of us. 

Keywords to such a relationship with yourself and others are authenticity, honesty, communication, forgiveness, sincerity, trust, respect and being non-other then yourself which lead to creative solutions where everything can happen and grow.

Written in haste, please notify me if there are any errors within this message. Also if you have more questions i would love to reply to aid you in understanding. 

With kind regards,

-Nathan Owen B.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:54 AM, Bluebird said:

@Nathan Owen I like your 3 aspects of love: Protective, Forceful, Creative. I'll think about this a bit further.

Thank you glad to help out a little. 
If you got any question, I am glad to help out.