Ethankahn

The Impossible Nothingness Beyond Absolute Infinity

72 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor You said “opposite to abstract terms.” So you’re still using concepts in your speech as well. Namely, “opposite.” Opposition is a concept. If Enlightenment were beyond concepts, it’d be beyond opposition to anything. 

12 minutes ago, Ethankahn said:

@Joseph Maynor You said “opposite to abstract terms.” So you’re still using concepts in your speech as well. Namely, “opposite.” Opposition is a concept. If Enlightenment were beyond concepts, it’d be beyond opposition to anything. 

There’s degree to which a person is trapped in concepts regarding Enlightenment.

@Joseph Maynor Okay, so when I use distinctive terms for lack of better ones, I’m unenlightened. But when you do it, you’re perfectly fine. That’s bias...

Edited by Ethankahn

@Serotoninluv I completely agree with you. Why can’t you see that? I’m “experiencing” everything you’ve talked about so far and “more”. You haven’t taught me anything new. Like you, I’m using words that truly have no meaning. You’re just interpreting them as having meaning. 

@Serotoninluv Also, the fact that I’m trying to establish peace with you and am not denouncing anything you’re saying, yet you’ve been constantly trying to denounce me, tells me exactly what type of person you are. 

37 minutes ago, Ethankahn said:

@Joseph Maynor Okay, so when I use distinctive terms for lack of better ones, I’m unenlightened. But when you do it, you’re perfectly fine. Thanks bias

Wow, you seem a bit miffed.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Do you think Enlightenment gives you the privilege to be unbiased and disrespectful towards others? You haven’t hurt me by doing that. I’m worried about you

1 hour ago, Ethankahn said:

@Serotoninluv Also, the fact that I’m trying to establish peace with you and am not denouncing anything you’re saying, yet you’ve been constantly trying to denounce me, tells me exactly what type of person you are. 

One might say the personality arises within consciousness. The human mind is conditioned to become attached to, and identify with, personality constructs. Detachment and dis-identification is a process.

@Mu_ The monkey exists, doesn’t exist, both, neither and other “states” that can’t be elaborated upon (leaving me in silence... but the silence is not enough either. Nor is both nor neither. Nor others...) I have to stop myself

Edited by Ethankahn

@Serotoninluv I’ve enjoyed listening to your perspective but I don’t need to limit my “self” to it. It’s just your perspective. 

6 hours ago, cetus56 said:

God minus all the concepts like zero, infinity ect. is what I'm pointing to.

Islam for instance has the right idea when they say God can't be spoken of. Let alone being described in terms of a mathematical equation.

Of course. I agree. "The Tao that can be spoken of Is not the true Tao."
"Silence is the language of God".
Anything,any concept or thought said about it,will be inherently false. The best that can be done with language is to get as close as one can and have it be simple to perceive/comprehend. That takes a certain skill and/or aptitude itself,of which there is no such claim being made here in having such skill/aptitude.
What comes out,comes out as it's presented with no objective or purpose other than an impulse to express..

Just some musings floating around.:)

2 minutes ago, Ethankahn said:

@Serotoninluv I’ve enjoyed listening to your perspective but I don’t need to limit my “self” to it. It’s just your perspective. 

There is no one to take ownership of a perspective, just like there is no one to take ownership of a birdsong. There is no my perspective and your perspective. Simply appearances.

At the human level, be mindful of dismissing perspectives. The human mind is conditioned to hold one perspective and become attached to, and identified with, that perspective. This creates disturbances in the mind-body.

The mind can simultaneously hold multiple perspectives, including contradictory perspectives, and be at peace.

@Serotoninluv I didn’t say I was rejecting your perspective. I said I wouldn’t “limit” my “self” to it. 

Edited by Ethankahn

2 minutes ago, Ethankahn said:

@Serotoninluv I didn’t say I was rejecting your perspective. I said I wouldn’t “limit” my “self” to it. 

There is no one to reject or accept a perspective. 

At the human level, the personality dynamic is highly complex and nuanced. Attachment and identification is deeply conditioned into the mind. The deeper we go, the more subtle attachments/identification can be. 

2 hours ago, Ethankahn said:

@Joseph Maynor Do you think Enlightenment gives you the privilege to be unbiased and disrespectful towards others? You haven’t hurt me by doing that. I’m worried about you

You are seeing things through your own warped lens.  

14 minutes ago, Ethankahn said:

@Serotoninluv That’s still a perspective. Even saying there’s no perspective is still a perspective

At the absolute level, these distinctions collapse. Saying one word is saying too much.

At the human level, the mind is conditioned to see distinctions and create categories. This perspective, that perspective, no perspective is still a perspective, a non-perspective beyond perspectives . . . and on and on. . . This can be entertaining for a human mind, or it may provide a sense of security and comfort. There are many fascinating and beautiful ideas and concepts. Yet, problems tend to arise at the personal level not because of the appearance of thoughts, ideas and feelings, but due to attachment / identification to those thoughts, ideas and feelings. Common thought patterns within this dynamic include "My ideas are better", "I am feeling annoyed", "He doesn't understand me". 

As we delve deeper into the personality dynamic, attachments/identification can become very subtle and nuanced, such that there is lack of awareness. There may be just a subconscious sense of attachment/identification. This is why practice and direct experience is so important. At deeper levels of maturity, these insights become embodied and integrated into holistic being.