Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocHoliday

- Parmenides -

5 posts in this topic

Some highly nutritious food for thought.

Thinking and being is the same thing.

It is indifferent to me where I am to begin, for there shall I return again.

Nothing comes from nothing.

You cannot recognise not-being, for this is impossible - nor could you speak of it, for thought and being are the same thing.

Every thing is of the nature of no thing. 

All change is illusion.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Indeed no-thing  

Can you ever truly see yourself? All one sees is roots extending like our arms and legz

Even the reflection in the mirror is a root, one more complicated and complex  

you will never find yourself as a 'thing'

In a sense we are a non-phenomenon, we are 'no thing' yet we are all that is, yet it is from here that we live  

You will never see your own face, yet it is from that unseen face from which you see

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Just as a knife won't cut itself and fire doesn't burn itself. ~ paraphrased Alan Watts

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

The Greeks had some badass philosophers. A shame what has become of philosophy today.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I kid you not, I actually enrolled as a philosophy student last October, and already I can’t take it anymore.

The way it is taught and emphasized is just so utterly shallow, redundant and mind-numbing. I hoped it would somehow at least resemble the way I got used to know philosophy through you and a few others years ago just a little bit, but no sir. Gonna change it to history asap. 

Edited by DocHoliday