Giulio Bevilacqua

OSHO AND PHILOSOPHY

5 posts in this topic

I have been reading about Osho's biography. I discovered that he was a philosophy student and later he became a philosophy professor in the academic world.

I don't undestand how a Spiritual master like osho could have become a Western Philosophy professor . I mean he had said a lot of stuff against rationality and philosophical stuff . Why should a man like him waste time on philosophy ? 

Do you know something about it ? 

I think you can study and enjoy western philosophy without believing it will explain the deepest truths of the universe.  On top of that, the Osho now wasnt always the Osho then, people change and develop.  Finally if neither of those are satisfying, I'd ask you to answer the following question "what harm does western philosophy cause people, and how did Oshos specific lectures and ideas contribute to this harm?"

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

3 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

@zambize  What do you mean by  "it will explain the deepest truths of the universe" ?

I mean you don't have to believe western philosophy will answer questions like "what is love?"  "What is God?" if God exists of course "what is conciousness?" Etc I just lumped questions like those into deepest truths.  I'm personally really good at using science and logic to answer certain questions, just like you can be with western philosophy, but you have to be ready to drop them for truths outside of their (science/western philosophy) pay grade 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows