Ampresus

I am trying to dodge as many bullets as possible while I still am young, any advice?

27 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I think the title is pretty self-explainatory. I already meditate for 30 min a day, do 3x 2 min concentration practice, self-inquiry for 10 min, Nathaniel Branden’s sentence completion and try to read my books everyday. 

Since you guys have probably more life experience than me, I wondered if some of you might wanna help me out. Tell me the about all the things you regret doing or regret NOT doing. I am 14 years old btw.

14? Whow man, respect for being here and commiting! That’s cool.

What I can tell you is that you don’t want to avoid things that give you proper life experience. Don’t be a spiritual bypasser! To some degree I did this. In the moment you might think that it serves you well, or even better, to “stay on the path” and pursue the spiritual rather than everything else, but it will certainly come back to kick your ass later in some way or other. You need that life experience! So important. 

Remember that balance is always the key. So, don’t dodge every single bullet that there is. Don’t do it!:D Take some of them, they will serve you well. But, do it with mindfulness:) That will give you the proper balance. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

it's really cool that you're here. 

Stay as authentic as possible, without compromising your most treasured relationships.

Look around every now and then but focus on moving forward.

I don't understand your question. What is your motivation?

@Outer personal development, avoiding wage-slavery and knowing my life-purpose.

Learn some technical skills and freelance  with them from young age (for ex:Photopgraphy, graphic design, videography, web-design, programming, etc)

Explore them, find the medium you like

Edited by Hello from Russia

4 hours ago, Ampresus said:

Tell me the about all the things you regret doing or regret NOT doing.

I wish I had bond more with people. I was too much in my own shell... 

2 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@Outer personal development, avoiding wage-slavery and knowing my life-purpose.

I haven't watched or read much on any of those topics, but I'm sure Leo has talked about those things in detail and even created courses for them. So if your motivation is that, then you have plenty of material already. What are you interested in?

@Ampresus i don't regret doing or not doing anything. but i have this thing that was crucial for me when i was 14 years old: i started to learn deeper math.

i am not a genius, so i worked really hard. i studied topics from future classes by myself and i struggled a lot to understand them. this effort made the topics that the entire classrom was studying quite trivial for me. my grades started to skyrocket.

so this is my tip: always be ahead of your classmates. the vast majority of teenagers are highly distracted and undisciplined. nowadays you can go very far with just a little bit of discipline and focus.

shine on!

unborn Truth

I would recommend remembering that it's not the theories/insights/concepts that will make you happy and fulfilled in life, remember to focus on the love and sharing it.  You dont want to be the least happy, smartest asshole in the world.  But maybe you want to me the smartest asshole, it's up to you

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

1 minute ago, zambize said:

I would recommend remembering that it's not the theories/insights/concepts that will make you happy and fulfilled in life, remember to focus on the love and sharing it.  You dont want to be the least happy, smartest asshole in the world.  But maybe you want to me the smartest asshole, it's up to you

@Ampresus  Agreed. You probably have more knowledge than your classmates, but please, stay humble and don't judge them, it is VERY easy to create a whole identity from all this development and turn it into an actual degradation. Focus on presence and breath :) It's not only about how many productive habits you can fit into 24 hours, do things mindfully, enjoy life, be grateful, this stuff often gets forgotten on the way.

@Outer You see: I am 14 years old. Money doesn't grow on my back, in fact that is what my parents would probably say when I ask them to buy the Life Purpose Course. Everything Leo creates, if it is a course or just a video, is not created for teens. It is created for adults. I understand this and don't blame Leo for anything, but this also means that some video's of him are straight up worthless for me. For example: the wage-slavery video. This was one of the first video's I saw from him and the only thing that I got was ''study psychology and know your LP as soon as possible''.

Also don't get baited into sex without a condom with young girls. I've seen a lot of 16-20 yo's that are too irresponsible in this regard

Edited by Hello from Russia

@ajasatya My grades are already great, but thanks for the advice anyway. You mean like, for example: learning calculus on your own? Is calculus even mathematics?

@zambize I am planning to read more of Matt Kahn's stuff for this. I found out that it is crucial to learn to love ''everything and nothing''. Love sounds cool.

5 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

@ajasatya My grades are already great, but thanks for the advice anyway. You mean like, for example: learning calculus on your own? Is calculus even mathematics?

What you think is mathematics in high school and below is not what is considered math in college.  Pure mathematics is much different than anything you've experienced probably, it's very proof and logic heavy.  Calculus has a lot to do with real world applications, which I can expand on if you're interested, it's the most applicable math class in the real world next to your basic algebra.  But yeah love is cool, in my opinion!

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

11 minutes ago, Ampresus said:

My grades are already great, but thanks for the advice anyway. You mean like, for example: learning calculus on your own? Is calculus even mathematics?

yes, exactly. and yes, calculus is mathematics

unborn Truth

Just now, Ampresus said:

@Hello from Russia Believe me: I won't fall for that. No way. Lets just say that I will always have back-up, if you know what I mean ;)

Well, I believe you but be careful still. Also good habit to adopt as early as possible is to always have 2 condoms in the wallet with you. That's probably a bit too early but healthy sex life and sex education is really important. 

6 minutes ago, zambize said:

Calculus has a lot to do with real world applications, which I can expand on if you're interested

@zambize Be my guest.