The White Belt

Is it a good idea to do Lsd alone if it’s your first time?

20 posts in this topic

I’ve done mushrooms before, three times. Once alone. 

First time Lsd however. I want to help ease anxiety and let go in my art more (creative purposes).

side question: my provider told me I have 110 units per micro gram as a dose. Is this an okay entry level dose?

Thanks in advance! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

34 minutes ago, The White Belt said:

First time Lsd however. I want to help ease anxiety and let go in my art more (creative purposes).

side question: my provider told me I have 110 units per micro gram as a dose. Is this an okay entry level dose?

Anxiety reduction is not a common feature of LSD.  Generally it is neutral or increases anxiety. Creative enhancement would be considered a feature of LSD. Yet LSD is not any more anxiety inducing than shrooms. If you were ok on shrooms, you should be ok on a comparable dose of LSD.

If your intention is to simpky open creative channels without anxiety and things getting weird, I’d reccommend a smallish dose in the 50-70ug range. 

You might also want to consider micro dosing for creative enhancement.

7 hours ago, The White Belt said:

Thanks in advance! 

I wouldn't do any drug alone.  Its always safer to have a friend, even if they are not dosing with you.  Trips can go in directions you do not intend sometimes.

On 07/01/2019 at 9:43 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Anxiety reduction is not a common feature of LSD

I did my trip.

It has helped noteably with my anxiety. But it has only been a few days so we will see about that. 

It's suprising to me that you don't think that anxiety reduction is a common feature of LSD, given that I'm guessing you have experience, not only that but there seems to be a scientific concensus that it does;

https://www.anxiety.org/lsd-hallucinogenic-mushrooms-to-treat-anxiety-and-depression

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-psychedelic-microdosing-ease-anxiety-sharpen.html

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03153579

https://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/anxiety/lsd-investigated-as-an-anxiety-treatment/article/384367/

Follow-up was completed on nine patients one year later. Of those, seven said their experience with LSD led to long-term improvements in anxiety.

Edited by The White Belt

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

In my experience LSD reduces anxiety by a lot, too. Yet the effects are rather short-lived.

Another cool effect of LSD that not many people may know is that it acts like allergy medication. I can confirm that it gets ridden of pollen, cat and dust allergy symptoms.

On 07/01/2019 at 11:09 PM, The White Belt said:

Thanks in advance! 

No 110 but 70-80 for first time.Take 1/4 or half blotter.

4 hours ago, The White Belt said:

I did my trip.

It has helped noteably with my anxiety. But it has only been a few days so we will see about that. 

It's suprising to me that you don't think that anxiety reduction is a common feature of LSD, given that I'm guessing you have experience, not only that but there seems to be a scientific concensus that it does;

Thanks for that info. I should have placed my comment in better context.

I’m familiar with studies showing anxiety reduction for end of life patients, chronic anxiety in life and with micro-dosing. These studies were with low to moderate doses and are looking at anxiety reduction after psychedelic treatment. Studies also suggest LSD may increase synaptic plasticity allowing for new perspectives in life, which may help to reduce anxiety in one’s life - especially when coupled to psychotherapy.

I was referring to anxiety during the actual trip on highish doses. LSD is not a sedative. It’s not like taking a benzo, getting a message or going to the spa. The sub-ego death zone of the trip can induce anxiety in many people and can be quite frightening. This is why many novices have trip sitters or carry a benzo to kill the trip in case the anxiety becomes overwhelming.

Those studies were done on low to moderate doses and the researchers intentionally created peaceful, safe environments to help reduce anxiety during the trip. For example, a loved one and supportive psychologist was present, relaxing music was played, they layed on a comfortable bed etc.

In constrast, if someone had a fear of flying and suffered anxiety, I would not recommend they take their first LSD trip during their next flight. It would more likely increase anxiety. A benzo would be better a option for this type of acute anxiety.

In my personal experience, I’ve tripped about 80 times with a variety of psychedelics, a variety of doses in a variety of settings. Overall, this has reduced chronic anxiety in my life in general. I’d estimate about a 50% reduction. Yet I also do yoga and meditate regularly which also helps.

Yet during the actual trip on highish doses, my anxiety tends to increase heading into the peak. As a novice, there were a few times the anxiety got so strong it turned into panic and was quite terrifying. Yet there were also periods of tranquility, connection, love and oneness during trips.

I think novices should consider anxiety issues when planning trips. Dosage, mindset and setting are really important features.

110ug is completely fine if you have any past drug experience, if you have done mushrooms 3 times before is fine. Even more, I would say taking less sometimes can make a trip that would be just fine, a little messy, since you are not truly high and you are partially sober, so you are in a somewhat state of confusion. 

Regarding anxiety I would say Lsd is pretty more edged pushy stimulation, in comparison to shrooms that are more relaxing, but this doens´t mean Lsd is going to give you anxiety,  you will feel energised but you shouldn´t feel anxiety once you are fully tripping regardless of you having anxiety on your life or not. (I have moderate anxiety in my life and Lsd has never given me anxiety, except when I have done the stupid thing of eating before tripping) Make sure you dose in a total empty stomach, this will make the come-up a lot more easier, and less anxious. Also try drinking some Ginger Tea in the come-up, the time I did shooms I drank it and i had almost none nausea.

Edited by Javfly33

I did my first lsd trip, my first trip on any psychedelics alone. I was all good vibes and excitement and so it made my trip effortless.

Know yourself and your emotions. At the time rationalizing any fear down was pretty easy for me and I knew that.

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

LSD may increase synaptic plasticity allowing for new perspectives in life, which may help to reduce anxiety in one’s life - especially when coupled to psychotherapy.

This is what it did for me. Offered a fresh persepective on the issues that were causing me anxiety.

5 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I was referring to anxiety during the actual trip on highish doses. LSD is not a sedative. It’s not like taking a benzo, getting a message or going to the spa.

Certain not IN the trip, haha! I didn't mean for a short term relief. When you put your answer, I did think to myself, 'do they mean like i'll take LSD to overcome a fleeting arising of anxiety?'. It seemed strange otherwise. But no I didn't mean like taking a paracetomol for a headache :P

It's good to hear that psychedelics have reduced your ongoing anxiety by so much. I'm really inspired to keep going with psychedelics now, and to see what I can discover. 

Thanks for the responses the thread can be closed now. As for the question of having somebody to watch over me. I needed it. Infact I did have somebody looking over me, but they didn't come home til an hour into the trip, after which time I decided it was a good idea for a walk (I had planned to stay in my room). Luckily I didn't go far, but I crossed roads (Yup, crossing roads, on acid. Think CARS), and that was a stupid idea, but one I couldn't talk myself out of as it looked so gorgeous outside, and it was. 

I was safe this time, but if I was to go back, even on a dose of 110mg I would ensure I had someone available the WHOLE trip. Not to watch over me like a hawk, but to check on my occassionally. 

x

― Shunryu Suzuki

Depends on the person i guess, i had my first ever 200ug trip alone. I was scared of having a bad trip, but it was overwhelmingly positive. At some point i tried to force myself to have a bad trip, but couldn't :D I get anxious when smoking weed, so i thought lsd would be kinda similiar, but it was complete opposite. about 20 trips later, nothing but good and profound trips so far.

@The White Belt Now that you've done your trip, it is most definitely safe to trip solo, and even preferred in some cases as it can really take you to deep introspection and discovery. Everything you need to know can be found within.

That being said, it's not a good idea to trip solo at a dose you haven't tried before. For instance, don't go, "Oh, I can handle this, I'll just do 200ug next time solo." Obviously, that is a recipe for disaster. But when you get more comfortable with the substance, it is generally safe to trip solo up to about 250ug. In my personal experience, anything above that, no matter how experienced you are, the trip can pull you in directions you DID NOT intend to go. Every trip I've had at 250ug and under was quite blissful and manageable. There's really no reason to go above that unless you REALLY want to fucking die (it's not what it's cracked up to be). There are other psychs like 5-meo-DMT and regular DMT that are much better for ego death. Ego death on LSD can be extremely warped and scary, the risk is a lot higher for traumatic events.

Of course everyone is different, so the bottom line is that you should take dose increases slowly and always with a trip sitter, or at least someone close by that can assist you. Don't forget that the most powerful technique for breaking out of weird thought patterns and loops is to change your state, and move to a different room. You wouldn't believe how liberating moving to a different room can be!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState

"Oh, I can handle this, I'll just do 200ug next time solo."

Definitely solid advice here!

I got stupid and did 600ug because I was seeking that "sweet-sweet" ego-death. But you're right, ego-deaths on LSD at high doses can get fucking warped. I ended up trashing my place without realising it. Never trip alone on high doses, never trip alone on a new dose.

10 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

That being said, it's not a good idea to trip solo at a dose you haven't tried before.

Yeah I agree, I think I could do the same dose alone. I just have to remind myself that it isn't a good idea to go for a walk on acid, as nice as it is :P

― Shunryu Suzuki

3 hours ago, Bluebird said:

I got stupid and did 600ug because I was seeking that "sweet-sweet" ego-death. But you're right, ego-deaths on LSD at high doses can get fucking warped. I ended up trashing my place without realising it

Oof, too relatable! ???

2 hours ago, The White Belt said:

it isn't a good idea to go for a walk on acid, as nice as it is :P

walks are fantastic, what are you talking about? 

Sent from my iEgo

Tripping alone is my fave.

125ug of LSD is about as powerful as 2-3g of dried mushrooms.

Of course potencies can vary. A lot of LSD dosages are exaggerated. So if your source isn't good, a 125ug dose could actually be 70ug, which would be a weak trip. 125ug is a nice solid trip for me, but still very managable, still possible to walk around.

At 300ug you probably wouldn't be able to walk.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

walks are fantastic, what are you talking about? 

It's the cars I worry about...

― Shunryu Suzuki

@Leo Gura you've never done 300ug or higher? Smart man... ;)

Sent from my iEgo

Assuming one's tolerance is reset, I would not recommend a 300ug setting that involves walking, stairs or water. I've inadvertently come close to seriously injuring myself on staircases while on a very high dose. I would plan to mostly sit or lay down and/or have a sitter to assist.