Andreas

Is TJ reeves a cult leader?

31 posts in this topic

@bejapuskas  ok he does. But what i was aiming at is that he doesn’t really give an alternative of how you should go about life. I mean he does to a degree and this is why I can’t talk any shit about leo. But he doesn’t really emphasize it much. Ty really gives you a kick in the ass as far as this goes.

@Conceptually-made Ty thinks, that if Leo says something, all of his audience is gonna do it immediately that day, that's wrong. Some things you gotta learn yourself, Leo cannot just give you everything you need, did you forget that you need to do the work inside? TJ forgets to mention some important things as well, no one is perfect at teaching.

Some of his insights are legit and he is a REALLY good motivator, but the way he does thinks stinks. You need to take these teachers with a little bit of salt, both TJ and Leo, question them, do the practices, but stay detached, going into this ego-driven climb the hill kind of life, that TJ is proposing is a downgrade from detachment.

@bejapuskas  Yeah some great points there! I completely agree with the fact that teacher can’t really do everything for you. And i am really not criticizing Leo since he is truly fucking amazing. 

And yeah you might be right about his downgrade from attachment. 

There are 4 basic categories where people can (and maybe should) improve themselves. These are:

• career or money
  • dating or relationships
  • health
  • psychology

Please say me what NEW you can say to me other that goes something about:

• try online marketing, learn to be entrepreneur or change your career 
  • go approach women (for men) or try to be more intimate to your partner
  • go to gym and try eating healthier
  • meditate and be more aware of your mind assumptions about your beliefs or metaphysics`

I love metaphysical stuff what TJ has revealed in his youtube channel. But out of two guys who had interview with him, to one who struggled with money, he encouraged to try course in online marketing but to other who struggled in dating, he encouraged to do pick up and approach women for 30 days in a row.

These are obvious things what a person should understand without some amazing life coach. And in his latest video he says that now his coaching session coasts near 400 dollars. Nothing against him, but what NEW you think he or another life coach can offer other than these 4 solutions?

21 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

going into this ego-driven climb the hill kind of life, that TJ is proposing is a downgrade from detachment.

You’re assuming it has to be an either or.  Actually you can have both a healthy Ego and detach into No Ego.

@Andreas Ages ago, maybe sometime in 2016 or early 2017, when TJ was on the forum (atleast someone with the same name) Leo wrote some comment basically destroying or heavily criticising something TJ had written (i forgot what it was). I never saw the TJ guy again on the forum lol.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space I honestly don't know what to think about him, he fits into so many categories, that describe a cult leader, but he kind of doesn't build a cult, at least now. It's just the way he criticizes, but even that is kind of disappearing... It's as if he had multiple personalities in different videos, very strange. He is a very nice person to talk to, he is clearly trying to help, but his ego is too big.

10 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Haloman Yes, that's the area where he shines :) 

@Joseph Maynor I am open to that, but I don't know to what extent is his ego really healthy. What do you mean by this? 

Ego is not optional in life.  Body is not optional in life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Joseph Maynor That's obvious, but what does it mean in practicality in your opinion?

It means that Ego is transcended but not gotten rid of.  Just like the body, Ego will always be there.  And you want a healthy Ego and a healthy body.  Unfortunately healthy Ego sounds like an oxymoron, but it’s not.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor