reves

Trip Report - Atlantis Truffles

8 posts in this topic

Hi there! This is my first post! I have been following Leo and Actualized.org for some years now, but it was until May of this year that I started a daily meditation practice that I have become more dedicated with the exercises.

I am a male, 183 cm and 87 kg and I live in Europe. I am always on the sidelines, reading the forum, and some of the books that Leo recommend, watching the videos and doing the exercises as much as I can. I believe that actualized.org is awesome and am very thankful to Leo for all his contributions.

I finally decided to make a post in the forum, share my experience and ask for some advice. Prior to this I only have had experience with weed, mainly for recreational purposes, there where some moments of my life where I used to smoke almost every day, but now I smoke it like every once in a while. I also made psychotherapy for around five years and help me a lot with fear, self-stem and anxiety issues.

So, I wanted to try magic mushrooms and got 30 grams of Atlantis Truffles. I stored them  directly in the fridge after I got them, until I got enough time to prepare myself for the experience. Between the day I got the truffles and the first day i tried them, passed about three weeks. I stored them in a container in the fridge, the truffles came in air-sealed plastic bags.

Day 1

Made all the preparations and at around 2 pm took 2 grams of truffles, noticed a taste similar to nuts. I did not get any nausea, but noticed some discomfort in the stomach during the whole day but nothing serious.

After an two hours, I could notice a similar peaceful state similar to when I meditate. I could also notice that my emotions became more intense than normal and I could perceive them more vividly, all kind of mixed feelings. Then I just stayed at home,  meditated and make some self-reflection.

Because I could not notice any of the effects I read on other trips reports I decided to eat another 4.6 grams of truffles at around 5 pm. Tried to do some stuff I normally do during the day, like watching videos and some programming, but I realized that my emotions got really mixed and confused.

I also felt sort of disappointed because I was not getting the effects that I have read about. I was tired so I ate something small and went to sleep around 10 pm.

Day 2

I decided to give it another try to the truffles on an empty stomach so  after I woke up, ate a slice of apple and 4.5 grams of the Atlantis. Then I meditated for about 30 minutes and then I laid down on my bed and stayed there for about an hour.

Again, after an hour I could feel the peaceful meditative state and felt more in contact with my feelings and emotions,  but no other sensory effects.
So I started to make a reflection about my life, like a summary at the end of the year, but mostly about trying to remember things I have repressed in the past because they where to painful or traumatic, in an attempt to bring them back to light and try to make some work on them to become happier and improve my life.

At around 5 pm I got hungry and I was about to go out but I decided to go all in and took 12 grams of truffles. I then made some concentration exercises and meditated for about an hour and started to get some stronger effects.

I got some lamps with warm light in my apartment, I started to see the light more neutral white and vivid. I tried to move around and felt a little dizzy and clumsy in my movements. The peaceful meditative state got stronger. I also started to see some patterns on the walls that changed constantly, later the effects got even stronger and the wall had the appearance to be liquid and to change. Most of the time I was in a room that I use as studio, sitting on a chair.

I then got some insights to questions that I asked previously during the morning when I started to make the reflection about my life and remembered some painful and traumatic experiences, which I have completely forgotten.

I then realized I was trying to control the trip, restraining myself to do nothing, so I let myself go. I listened to some music and danced a little, after that I ate some food in the kitchen and looked at the changing patters on the walls.

I could feel as I was connected with the universe, and also a lot more in contact with my feelings. I realized how much I have left this connection with myself aside by trying to pursue meaningless academic degrees and later jobs. Then I called some family members that I have not seen in a while, and felt this connection as I listened to them most of the time, and realized how important are relationships.

Conclusions

The days I could still feel the deeper/renewed connection with my feeling and emotions and with other persons.It was by then Christmas, so I could enjoy the company of the family,  I also realized I could connect better with my girlfriend.

At the beginning, it may not had been the trip I was expecting, nevertheless it definitely made me see things different and I hope sharing my experience may be of help to some of you. Seeing and feeling this deeper connection with the universe and with other people, getting these insights about these past painful experiences made me realize that I have a lot of potential to grow and learn.

What I don't really understand is why I did not get a stronger effect by eating them on an empty stomach. Perhaps it was a very low dose for my body, and I had already developed some tolerance to the truffles from the experience of the previous day. Then again I did not wanted to exceed the first time I tried mushrooms as I had some very scary experiences with smoking too much weed in the past.

Could it be that I stored the truffles to long on the fridge? Did I took a very low dose for my weight/size? Or could it be that I got samples from a batch that did not to get to grow many of the active substance? I will definitely repeat this experience, but I wonder myself what if the next time I do it and eat 12-15 of fresh Atlantis truffles and get a much more stronger effect? What would you recommend me to do?

Thanks a lot for reading and the comments!

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Yes, it is a very low dose for your weight and size

I take 15 grams and I weigh 60 kg

Also I once did 7.5grams and could literally feel nothing because they were stored in the fridge for over a month you shouldn't keep them much longer than a week in my humble opinion

Edited by Tistepiste

Nice. You should try Hollandia truffles (strongest), 15g. That's my plan for my Amsterdam trip soon. It's a hero dose for me (my weight is only about 55kg) but I have to do it.

@reves Actually, that's a great introductory trip. You don't want the full power of mushrooms just yet. They can be scary powerful at higher doses.

Everyone has a unique tolerance level. Next time just dose a bit higher.

Be careful though because truffle potency can vary from batch to batch depending on the exact species and how they are grown. Dosing natural mushrooms is a bit tricky because they are not standardized. Ideally you would acquire a large batch, test its potency by doing a low dose, and then you would have a good idea of how potent your batch is. If you acquire small batches, you might eat too much of a potent batch based off a less potent batch.

When I take mushrooms it is always a standardized alcohol extract, not actual mushrooms, which delivers a very consistent potency dose. You might even want to just take pure 4-HO-DMT (psilocin) in synthetic chemical form for the most precise dosing. Precise and consistent dosing is very important if you're getting into serious tripping.

1 or 2 trips is NEVER enough to understand psychedelics. To really understand you must be ready to experiment with 10-30 trips. And even then, you're just seeing the tip of the iceberg of tripping. It takes about 10-30 trips to start to make sense of how they work because there are so many variables at play. No one trip means much by itself. You must accumulate aggregate experience. Even at precisely the same dose and under identical set & setting you will have wildly different trips. Because the mind is chaotic. It is not a simple machine like a refrigerator.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@joeyi99 Of course. Do your research.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When I take mushrooms it is always a standardized alcohol extract, not actual mushrooms, which delivers a very consistent potency dose.

Liquid mushrooms are that good, huh? I was wondering if they were worth it for the smoother trip and lowered nausea, perhaps I should try them sometime...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Tistepiste thanks for the tips! Next time I will eat them as soon as I get them, and try a higher dose.

@tentacion I guess I will try them someday, thanks for the tip and good luck in Amsterdam!

@Leo Gura sure I am in this for the long run. Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply, I will do some research and prepare myself for the next trip.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”