Genghis Khan

Deceptive Nature of Language

2 posts in this topic

I'd like to share a revelation with you all. I've come to realize that this website, Actualized.org, does not actually help you towards awakening in any substantial way. Yes, it gives you important information and tools, it gives you knowledge that is highly advantageous to have, and it gives you a strong conceptual framework to serve as a launching pad of sorts, but it does not tangibly help you to awaken.

Awakening is a solitary activity. It's accomplished through passive observation, mindfulness, and intense focus on the present moment. None of these things happen through this website. At best, this website will convince you to do those things. The true essence of the content is actually focused on the ego. This is an excellent place to educate oneself on the machinations of the human ego, and how to manipulate them.

The greatest tool I gained from listening to Leo is understanding the motives of the ego, and all of the tricks it uses to turn your awareness away from the truth, and make delusions more appealing than actuality. I learned all of the techniques involved in using the English language to weave illusions ( or "thought programs") to rationalize almost any viewpoint. The big lesson, is that almost any worldview can be rationalized and made to appear moral and reasonable. The actual arguments don't really matter, the deeper essence of ideology is to say whatever needs to be said to serve the agenda of whoever is propagating the ideology. It's all about appealing to the identity of the person and twisting the motives of that identity towards a certain end via fallacious arguments and manipulation tactics.

I feel like a much more capable writer, thinker, and manipulator because of my understanding of the nature of ideology. Calculated moralizations, backwards rationalization, fallacious arguments, hyperbole, dramatizing, and other tools are extremely effective for manipulating unwitting individuals. Thanks to the work I've done, I've become rather desensitized to the manipulation tactics. I've become hyper aware that this language is merely a tool to weave illusions.

How often do you look at uses of the human language, and notice all the fallacious, deceptive, and slippery tactics used to make simple ideas real? I have trouble looking at language as anything but pure illusions designed to manipulate the mind towards certain prompted behaviors. Even this very paragraph you're reading is nothing more than an illusion that I've created, manipulating you into seeing a certain perspective. The English language is almost impossible to use without being manipulative in tonality.

Do you think that at some point in the future, we'll have to invent a new language that can serve as an accurate, and objective method of describing reality? Because it seems to me that the English language is so inherently deceptive and fallacious that it's usage will forever hold people back from thinking properly. I feel like my mind is handicapped because this language is so deeply ingrained. The English language is so rich with deceptive tactics that one can only imagine how much self-deception can be attributed to the fact that we think using this language.

How do you know it's the nature of the language that is deceptive, and not your own unconscious?

4 hours ago, Genghis Khan said:

I feel like a much more capable writer, thinker, and manipulator because of my understanding of the nature of ideology. Calculated moralizations, backwards rationalization, fallacious arguments, hyperbole, dramatizing, and other tools are extremely effective for manipulating unwitting individuals. Thanks to the work I've done, I've become rather desensitized to the manipulation tactics. I've become hyper aware that this language is merely a tool to weave illusions.

Desensitised does not mean unaffected. In fact desensitised makes things worse. Par exemple; if a person has leprosy, slicing off a digit becomes less noticeable, although that's probably the least of your worries.