Chives99

Can't give up the love and attachment for my family

7 posts in this topic

Everyday i'm becoming more and more conscious of the fact that my time on this planet is fleeting and temporal, The biggest blocks in my life right is the knowledge of loosing loved ones, I try to savour every moment with them and not take them for granted like I did as a child,but when I see them it doesn't feel enough like drinking salt water to full-fill your thirst. Ultimate peace for me would be knowing I might never see them ever again tomorrow and still be happy, because right now I feel they're essential to my fullfillment in life

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Can you truly "be" with your family if you attached to them?

If they answer is no - if you loved them, would you not want to fully "be" with them? Isn't that what it is to truly love someone? 

I don't necessarily have my own answers to these questions, but they may help you contemplate this topic. 

That's great that you love your family!  Focus on that love, cultivate that love, be as aware of that love as you can be.  You don't have to force yourself to be anything you're not or don't want to be, you don't have to be spiritual or seek enlightenment if you don't like.  This life is your sandbox.  Don't fix what isn't broken.  Now if you are seeking enlightenment, you will have to work through a lot of your anxieties/depression and hard truths about losing your family, but you don't have to give up the love you have for them.  That love is beautiful and will only grow with enlightenment and encompass more and more people.  Enlightenment will help you work through the codependency and toxic parts of these relationships you have with your family members, and it will cultivate the loving parts you want to remain.  You already are what you are, right?  Discovering what you already are isn't going to hurt your relationships.  While I'm by no means fully enlightened, this was the case for me and I don't think you need to worry

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Youre not a robot. Let the feeling of love remain but be a witness to it. ❤️

Dont look at me! Look inside!

No need to fear. Your family is a part of you forever. Express your love towards them freely.

No one should try to detach from anything forcefully. And even when one "detaches", in actuality one only becomes more connected.

All is well, keep loving. Fear none.

Things may seem temporary, but they are in fact eternal. 

On 1/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, Chives99 said:

Everyday i'm becoming more and more conscious of the fact that my time on this planet is fleeting and temporal, 

That is not becoming more conscious. Worry, concern, anxiety & suffering tell you loudly;   listen. 

The biggest blocks in my life right is the knowledge of loosing loved ones,

Knowledge is duality, fabrication, illusory. Believe it at your peril.

Ultimate peace for me would be knowing I might never see them ever again tomorrow and still be happy, because right now I feel they're essential to my fullfillment in life.

You have created a condition, “Ultimate peace for me would be knowing”. Just like that, as simple as believing that thought - you veil the truth that you are ultimate peace, right now. You are the knower, the truth; the knowledge sought is a mirage. When knowledge is known as what it is, only Truth remains. The truth of self shall indeed set you free. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE